IGNORED

Stevie Editor - E/A Option 5 Image Files

rgjt

I've been looking for E/A option 5 image files for the Stevie program editor so I can load from my boot menu. The Stevie site only has the BIN files and the source files.

Can somebody who knows how to work with the source files provided on that site create the E/A 5 image files?

Looks like everything is done using the PC cross assembler for which I am far from familiar with.

Stevie is designed to work as a 64k bankswitched cart and needs to run from cartridge space >6000.

As such it needs a cartridge like finalgrom99 (or flashrom99 haven’t tested that but should work as I’m not using any groms).

Best shot to use it from a boot menu, is to have a small #EA5 program that loads the cartridge image into the FG99 and starts it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retroclouds said:

Renovating the house right now. But I should have some spare time coming up in 4 weeks. If no one beats me to it, I’ll create a small loader for the finalgrom99.

One question can the 64k image be burned into a eprom and work fine that way as a standalone cartridge.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

As you can see from the release notes, it uses the SAMS memory card, as such it would be hard to rewrite it not to use the cartridge space.

What boot menu are you using? And do you have a finalgrom99?

I'm using the 9640 Boot Menu v 20000217.
Yes, I do have finalgrom99. Switching to the finalgrom99 and then navigating to Stevie in the grom is a bit tedious as compared to simply selecting it on the 9640 Boot Menu.

19 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Edited by rgjt
Spelling

10 hours ago, retroclouds said:

Renovating the house right now. But I should have some spare time coming up in 4 weeks. If no one beats me to it, I’ll create a small loader for the finalgrom99.

Wow, never realized that this would be so difficult to accomplished. This is way beyond my programming skills on the TI99.

12 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

One question can the 64k image be burned into a eprom and work fine that way as a standalone cartridge.

yes, that would be possible. I am not really using any of the finalgrom99 features.

The only exception to that is the menu option to chain to another FG99 cartridge image (RXB, …) from inside Stevie.

• Like 1