IGNORED

Hotdog Second Batch Available Now

Beta Phase Games is happy to announce the second batch of Hotdog for the Lynx is ready to ship!

This batch features original cover artwork by Pure1Water

We have 50 copies available now, priced at $49.99 + $8.00 shipping (USA Buyers). If outside the USA, please message for shipping estimate.

Please click here for the PayPal link if you are interested in purchasing the game.

RELEASE CREDITS:

Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute

Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute

Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX

Beta Phase Games - Discovered and released by

Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering

Sage - Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement

*Distributed by Beta Phase Games LLC Under Exclusive Worldwide License

Hotdog1.thumb.jpg.5884cddb6cf7ab6cb7aad8abbadf2c7a.jpg

Hotdog2.thumb.jpg.83c0c43bca99bcd17044f06c1c8e7782.jpg

Edited by Beta Phase Games
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Don't fall for this, folks.  These guys announced this game in 2017, supposedly ready to go within a month.  And then they strung people along for years with empty promises before disappearing from the scene without shipping a thing.

Please don't give these frauds your business.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@PFG 9000 We have never taken payment for one of our releases and not shipped the game right away. This game is available for sale now.

Some of our releases have definitely been delayed way past the expected release date. This is why we don’t take pre-orders. We do apologize for the delays and understand if you decide not to support our releases because of them.

All of our releases so far (including Hotdog) have been discovered by us and may have been lost forever if we had not released them. Our goal was to get as many out as possible to preserve them instead of selling as many copies of each game as we could. We discovered more than we expected and unfortunately didn’t make as much progress as we planned on reprints or new releases before other priorities came up and we suspended BPG.

• Like 2

7 years later with zero communication throughout the years?  Where's the AVP you were going to release?  Or more Relief Pitcher?  Kind of odd on the timing of this considering someone else is releasing in a limited format.   Now youre rushing in to save the day and want our business back?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, 4ever2600 said:

7 years later with zero communication throughout the years?  Where's the AVP you were going to release?  Or more Relief Pitcher?  Kind of odd on the timing of this considering someone else is releasing in a limited format.   Now youre rushing in to save the day and want our business back?

@4ever2600 Preparation for this release has been in process a few months now. We were not aware of any other version at the time (it'd surprise you more than you'd think 😉). We are focusing only on licensed releases right now and prefer not to comment on the status of individual projects as we don't have a timeline on when they will be ready.

We will probably not return in the same capacity as we have operated in when we originally released our projects and will likely only return occasionally to get unreleased projects out as time affords. Again, apologize for this, and understand if you chose not to support us because of it.

• Like 2

"Preparation for this release has been in process a few months now."  

Don't you mean several years?

"We were not aware of any other version at the time (it'd surprise you more than you'd think 😉)."

Yeah sure... No, it would surprise me.

"We are focusing only on licensed releases right now and prefer not to comment on the status of individual projects as we don't have a timeline on when they will be ready."

Now THAT I believe!

"We will probably not return in the same capacity as we have operated in when we originally released our projects and will likely only return occasionally to get unreleased projects out as time affords."

Thank God!  So does that mean after this sale we won't hear back for another 10-12 years?

All pissy'ness aside, bottom line, you don't owe anyone any explanation.  You run your business however you want. Do what you want to do.  Who is anyone else to say.  

You've apologized and are trying to salvage whatever cred you have left with the community.  Do your thing.  I said my piece.

Don't worry,  you'll sell your 50 copies. Plenty of thirsty Lynx fans who have been waiting several years to get their hands on this.  Half will be scalpers to flip in a few months knowing there won't be more for years.

Sigh... 

Edited by 4ever2600

On 7/14/2024 at 6:36 AM, Beta Phase Games said:

@4ever2600 just providing context, but at the end of the day I get some people will disagree and not going to debate that. It could be 10-12 years before our next thing comes out, hoping it will be a little sooner than that though.

This shows up on eBay in Australia $80.98Au for the game, $103.65Au for postage. 

If you can do something with a lnx ROM file for a discounted price, please pm me.

The game certainly doesn't have the appeal to me that some other modern "for sale" ones do.

I am taking a chance on this.  For $57.99 I am more than willing to risk the chance of getting a copy of the most rare Atari Lynx games that never saw release during the retail lifecycle of the Atari Lynx that I otherwise would never get a chance to play.

Edited by Tidus79001

5 hours ago, Tidus79001 said:

I am taking a chance on this.  For $57.99 I am more than willing to risk the chance of getting a copy of the most rare Atari Lynx games that never saw release during the retail lifecycle of the Atari Lynx that I otherwise would never get a chance to play.

I think you are in luck: https://songbird-productions.com/product/hotdog/

• Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 1:29 PM, Beta Phase Games said:

@PFG 9000 We have never taken payment for one of our releases and not shipped the game right away. This game is available for sale now.

Some of our releases have definitely been delayed way past the expected release date. This is why we don’t take pre-orders. We do apologize for the delays and understand if you decide not to support our releases because of them.

All of our releases so far (including Hotdog) have been discovered by us and may have been lost forever if we had not released them. Our goal was to get as many out as possible to preserve them instead of selling as many copies of each game as we could. We discovered more than we expected and unfortunately didn’t make as much progress as we planned on reprints or new releases before other priorities came up and we suspended BPG.

Welcome back! I thought something happened to the BPG crew :)

Besides Hot Dog, what other releases do you guys have planned, either for Atari platforms or any other consoles? Just curious :D

On 7/13/2024 at 3:56 AM, Beta Phase Games said:

Beta Phase Games is happy to announce the second batch of Hotdog for the Lynx is ready to ship!

Oops sorry I didn't realize I was replying in a new topic.. thought I was replying in the much older topic about this game.

Anyway, great to see a new batch being shipped using an oldschool PCB design! Lynxman his soldering of a PCB can be recognized as an art of its own, I'm really happy with the quality of the first run. The new box art also looks great!

Now that there are two sources to get the game from, I'm sure Lynx fans can be happy to finally obtain this piece of gaming history.

• Like 2

@Beta Phase Games

I sent payment for Hotdog on 07/14.  Is there an estimated shipping date on orders sent to you via PayPal from the link on this forum topic.  Also, will a tracking number be given for the package

after it has shipped once it has shipped?  Not trying to rush you and just making an inquiry as to how orders for the game are processed that are taken here.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

@Beta Phase Games

I sent payment for Hotdog on 07/14.  Is there an estimated shipping date on orders sent to you via PayPal from the link on this forum topic.  Also, will a tracking number be given for the package

after it has shipped once it has shipped?  Not trying to rush you and just making an inquiry as to how orders for the game are processed that are taken here.

Started shipping them today, should have all orders that have been paid for shipped out tomorrow. Will start responding to PM's if you sent one when caught up with shipments.

On 7/15/2024 at 3:08 PM, KidGameR186496 said:

Welcome back! I thought something happened to the BPG crew :)

Besides Hot Dog, what other releases do you guys have planned, either for Atari platforms or any other consoles? Just curious :D

Thanks. We're still alive, just haven't had a lot of time for gaming stuff.

Prefer not to comment on other releases since there is no ETA, hoping to release everything we have at some point to make sure it's preserved, but mostly right now just trying to wrap up some things that were already in process.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2024 at 7:40 AM, Clint Thompson said:

Seems odd to have the Lynx logo missing from these releases...

Mad Max Reaction GIF

Probably sensible given that Atari has been a lot more protective about its trademarks recently. Songbird and others have also started removing "Lynx" from their products. 

• 3 weeks later...

Are you in contact with anyone who knows to what degree this game is under copyright, or whether it can be possible to contact people who would know, with any aim of moving the game from ‘elaborate Demo’ to full, complete game?

RELEASE CREDITS:

Paul Johnson- Art, design, level scripting and permission to distribute

Steve Mitchell- High level macro code, permission to distribute

Tim Harper- Music and Sound FX

Beta Phase Games - Discovered and released by

Lynxman- PCB Design and Soldering

Sage - Beta Phase Games Logo Replacement

These are credited with different designs, but some also as - if I’m not mistaken - giving permission to distribute the game.

Would anyone wanting to obtain license to complete the game, have to contact these? 
Would they be free to give permission for someone to complete it, or is that ‘gate’ locked due to it being ‘found’ after the show was over…?