IGNORED

Want to Hire: Full Time Retro Game Developer

Looking for somebody that is willing to relocate to Gillette Wyoming to help us start a game studio. We would like to re-release some classic retro games that we own the rights to but also develop new games for the classic consoles. We own the assets to Crystal Mine for the Nintendo NES and Legends of Valor for the PC. Employment would be full time with benefits. We currently offer 401K with 8% matching, health/dental/vision with premiums completely paid by the company and a $250 deductible for an individual or a $500 deductible for family. We offer vacation time, sick leave and holiday leave. We can also assist with relocation. Compensation will depend on experience. 

What I would like to do for Crystal Mine is to reengineer the game so that it has quality of life improvements. Things like a save function, the ability to purchase upgrades with the money collected in the game between levels, a level select feature etc. I would also like to brainstorm things like being able to play the game cartridge on the original hardware but also being able to save the game and then play it on your desktop. I think having the ability for the cartridge to interface with your computer so that you can have a leaderboard and actually upload your saves or screenshots would be really interesting. What I really want to do is push the boundaries of the technology as far as possible to make it a more interactive experience. Ultimately we will release the game with a premium box with a full length strategy guide and 3D printed figurines and other types of add-ins. 

For Legends of Valor we want to get the game to be playable on modern computers again. Right now it's really not accessible anymore. There are numerous bugs to the game and there is also significant quality of life upgrades the need to be made. We want to release the game again in a premium edition. Ultimately we want to completely rewrite the game and re-release it with lots of upgrades but that would be a more long-term project.

We have several ideas for some new super Nintendo games and would love to hear what ideas you have as well for new games. I think it would be interesting if we could act as a publisher house for individuals looking to re release games or make new custom games. The right person for this particular job would have extensive experience in the retro game scene. This individual should have released multiple titles for retro game systems and be intimately familiar with the consoles. The ability to do graphics, programming, technical design etc. it would all be necessary. My vision is that you would be the sole full-time initial employee for this division and you would do the heavy lifting of behind the scenes work and then we would bring in 1099 contract labor as necessary to supplement your services. Over time as the company grows we could hire additional people but that would be the initial thought process.

You would be working for a company in Gillette Wyoming that is already established. This is a new division for that particular company. Right now we are in the healthcare and construction fields. We have about 150 employees between the two companies. This particular division is being opened up because it is something that we are uniquely passionate about.

Anyone that is interested in applying please reach out to my secretary with the resume and I will take a look at them.

Krista Likewise <krista.likewise@hoskinsonhealth.com>