IGNORED

Atari software Mystery - Help requested

my bro-in-law ran a brick and mortar software store in the early 80's called Compu-play that sold atari software.

When he closed shop he gave me a lot of stuff from his back room.

among the items is a sealed ziplock (as much software was shipped in) of a program from

a company called the Programmer's Institute of Chapel Hill NC

a did some googling and it seems like they changed their name to Futurehouse in the mid 80's

Futurehouse sold a light pen for the Commodore 64 called the edumate in the mid 80's

the software in my possession from the early 80's is called Edumate but I don't remember ever seeing an edumate light pen for the atari 8-bit

and when I go to the  atarimania site of all atai software they do not have the title 'edumate' listed in their database.

i have enclosed pictures

look at the price 34.95 sheeesh! not sure with inflation what that would equate to in today's dollar

do any of you remember Programmer's Institute?

should I contact atarimania to get this software added to their list?

what do you think the rarity/value might be?

thanks for any and all help

20240713_142043.jpg

20240713_142057.jpg

20240713_142103.jpg

• Like 2

It's one of the hundreds of titles we still need to add :)

The title is known and has been dumped but not from an original. Would you be willing to archive it or have somebody do the work so it can be fully preserved?

As for rarity, I'd say an 8 our of 10. Not mega rare but still pretty uncommon. Value not necessarily very high in my view, though.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

The title is known and has been dumped but not from an original. Would you be willing to archive it or have somebody do the work so it can be fully preserved?

As for rarity, I'd say an 8 our of 10. Not mega rare but still pretty uncommon. Value not necessarily very high in my view, though.

do you know anyone near raleigh NC who i could loan it to so they can archive?

i am flat broke so i am hoping to sell it soon to someone

thanks for the quick answer. google had zero info

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

is software to use with the official Atari light pen?? or something completely different?