IGNORED

Atari 810 Disk Drive has Blue Sticker Inside that says " Special Drive ". Any Ideas to the Meaning?

Hello All. I picked up an Atari Lot from a older Couple recently and one of the Item was a Atari 810 Disk Drive. I took it apart to clean the Head, Lube the Rails, ECT. and Noticed a Round Blue Sticker on the Side of the Mechanism that says " 1991 Special Drive 6/8/82 " . Now it may be nothing, but I've never seen such a sticker inside a drive in my Limited Time of tinkering with them. I will Attach some pics of the Drive. Has Anyone Else came across such a thing, and if so, What Does It Mean? By the way, the Drive works great. There was another 810 drive in the Box but after cleaning the Head, Lubing the Rails, Cleaning the Drive Selection Switch, Cleaning the Obvious Plug-In Connections, Checking the Belt, and lubing the Motor Bearings, I get a " Boot Error " on Startup and such ( It Didn't Have a Blue Sticker Inside Either ) . Anyhoos, Any Explanation or Help is appreciated in Advance! 🤔 

20240713_171343.jpg

20240713_171603.jpg

20240713_173226.jpg

Edited by PileofBones72

On 7/14/2024 at 2:23 AM, PileofBones72 said:

Hello All. I picked up an Atari Lot from a older Couple recently and one of the Item was a Atari 810 Disk Drive. I took it apart to clean the Head, Lube the Rails, ECT. and Noticed a Round Blue Sticker on the Side of the Mechanism that says " 1991 Special Drive 6/8/82 " . Now it may be nothing, but I've never seen such a sticker inside a drive in my Limited Time of tinkering with them. I will Attach some pics of the Drive. Has Anyone Else came across such a thing, and if so, What Does It Mean? By the way, the Drive works great. There was another 810 drive in the Box but after cleaning the Head, Lubing the Rails, Cleaning the Drive Selection Switch, Cleaning the Obvious Plug-In Connections, Checking the Belt, and lubing the Motor Bearings, I get a " Boot Error " on Startup and such ( It Didn't Have a Blue Sticker Inside Either ) . Anyhoos, Any Explanation or Help is appreciated in Advance! 🤔 

20240713_171343.jpg

20240713_171603.jpg

20240713_173226.jpg

It could be a Spartan 'The CHIP' Archiver with the open code as 1991?

Try the Archiver software to find out.Archiver_The_v1.2_198x_Spartan_Software.atr

Instructions here: https://archive.org/details/ArchiverEditor

Regarding the non-booting 810 drive, does it POST, and also does it have the data separator card on the top? Boot error means it is communicating at least.

• Like 2