IGNORED

Halloween Reproduction Box

5 hours ago, Littlepoopcars said:

Ran into this at an auction, and I assume it's reproduction since it doesn't have the "Now a Video Game" in the upper right corner. Thought I'd ask those more knowledgeable before I pass on it.

halloween.jpg

Although I've had a genuine Halloween cartridge in my collection for many years, I've never owned the box for it.  So I can't say for sure whether the picture you're showing is the genuine article or not.  But every picture of the box I have seen that purports to be authentic bears the yellow banner in the upper right corner that reads, "NOW A VIDEO GAME." 

Another way to tell if the box is genuine is by how much the seller is asking for it.  If he wants less than $200 for it, you can safely bet your last dollar that it's a reproduction.

-Ben

21 hours ago, Littlepoopcars said:

Ran into this at an auction, and I assume it's reproduction since it doesn't have the "Now a Video Game" in the upper right corner. Thought I'd ask those more knowledgeable before I pass on it.

halloween.jpg

Looks like a reproduction box to me.

BTW: the Gamma Attack box next to it is also a reproduction.

8)

59 minutes ago, Rom Hunter said:

Looks like a reproduction box to me.

BTW: the Gamma Attack box next to it is also a reproduction.

8)

The person selling it, sells nothing but repros all the time, I think even homebrew copies IIRC.

I don't know where you saw your auction @Littlepoopcars, but there are so many people selling handmade, reproduction game boxes out on the internet auction sites (eBay, and Etsy in particular).  Many of those sellers purposefully make it quite difficult to know whether their game boxes are originals or reproductions.

If you do not know anything about the seller, in the absence of convincing evidence the game box being offered is authentic you would be wise to assume it is a reproduction. This is especially true if the game is high on the rarity scale.  Halloween is definitely up there.

-Ben