IGNORED

Moon Point (Moon Patrol Arcade Style POC)

alfredtdk

And more of a proof of concept than a proper game. I tried to get as close to the visual fidelity of Arcade Moon Patrol as possible.
But in this proof of concept I also wanted to print a little gameplay as well, not just serving as a screensaver.
Another similarity brought from the original Moon Patrol to the Atari 2600 was the use of the ball and the missile as projectiles launched by the lunar vehicle. The ball is used as a horizontal projectile while the missile is used as a vertical projectile.
I always wanted to see the Arcade's moon base being recreated on the Atari 2600, as well as the rolling ball. The UFOs have more visual details and the scores more or less follow what the 2600 manual says.
This is an open project, meaning that more things may be added or improved in the future.
For games that use the DPC+ kernel, horizontal scrolling still does not seem to be possible, another solution would have to be adopted.

Atari 2600

MPA12_DPC+.bas.png

Arcade

Captura de tela em 2024-07-19 23-35-15.png

Moon_Point.bas.bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 10

The Crater Creature

The crater creature, a type of carnivorous space plant that did not appear in the original version for the Atari 2600, here in the exercise of imagination we have a glimpse of what this creature could have looked like if it had been ported at the time, it probably would have A single color was adopted to define it in the crater.

In this POC update we have the false sensation of movement of the lunar sandy terrain. The challenge now is to make the tops of the mountains move too.
Buggy jumping has not yet been implemented. I even made a few attempts at jumping the buggy, but the results weren't good.

Moon_Point_Space_Plants.bas_1.png

Moon_Point_Space_Plants.bas.png

Captura de tela em 2024-07-24 22-30-53.png

Moon_Point_Space_Plants.bas.bin

• Like 4