IGNORED

Help with RMT (Raster Music Tracker)? How to copy part of a song to another file?

18 hours ago, miker said:

Some years ago there was done such a thing, maybe it will help.

Just remember to save your files as .txt and follow intructions in following topic:

Thank you, I'll take a look and maybe incorporate this tool into V1.34 of RMT

• Like 1

It's been a few months since I've composed something in RMT, but I do not recall a copy/paste function.  Rather, I'd make a duplicate copy of the song and then delete what I don't need and use what's needed in my new song.

That's incredibly inefficient, but if there isn't a copy/paste function, that's something that should be added for a future release (assuming anyone would be working on that - IIRC, only @VinsCool has permission to do any work to RMT).

Hello rdefabr

3 hours ago, rdefabri said:

IIRC, only @VinsCool has permission to do any work to RMT

Vinscool was given access to the source code under the condition that he created a GitHub for it and placed the new stuff he developed in it as well as the source code he received.  That he did.

There is no reason why he'd have to create a GitHub when nobody was allowed to touch the code.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

On 7/21/2024 at 11:44 AM, rdefabri said:

IIRC, only @VinsCool has permission to do any work to RMT

That is simply not true at all.

There would be no public Github repository otherwise.

Well, for the first few months that I did get private access to the original sources, I simply had no idea what to do with it, and I wanted to be certain everything was okay before I made anything public with all of my own modifications.

This is probably what gave this impression, but I swear I am not the only person authorised to work on the project nowadays.

It if perfectly fine to fork the repository and do anything you want with it, that was more or less what I was doing myself, at least until a few months ago.

What I am saying is that a few hundred commits I pushed broke a lot of things, and I sure am very bad at consistently working on the project, but let's not think about that for now.

To answer the question in OP, there is no way currently for copying data from one file to another, it has to be done manually.

• Like 1