IGNORED

Removing Evercade drivers

OscarGungan

I dug around trying to find the answer to this but was unsuccessful.  I attempted to update my 2600+ and forgot that I had updated an Evercade machine a long time ago. I could t figure out where to find the driver to uninstall it in device manager. Any pointers?

Perhaps go to the Evercade support site and look at the install process for drivers for info?

To be honest I have done all my Evercade updates on the devices.

But I have installed an update tool for the Hyper Mega Tech handhelds on my Mac which is trivial to uninstall as it is all contained in a bundle/app…

sTeVE

I got as far as installing the dumper and got hung up I’m guessing by the Evercade issue. My 2600+ still says it’s on version 1.0 but won’t load a lot of the games now. I must have updated the old school evercade which required being attached to a computer a while back. 

If you go to your device manager when you connect the 2600+, you'll see a device pop up. That's the driver for the Evercade. Double click on it and go to the 'Driver' tab in the window that pops up. Click 'Uninstall Device' and it will remove the driver. I had to do that very same thing. You may have to click the '>' symbol on a few categories so you can see the device pop up. I think it was in the 'Disk Drives' category, but I don't completely remember.

• Like 1

I tried looking there but nothing showed. This is a pc I’ve kept around for updating things because everything else in the house is a Mac. I got fed up and completely wiped the computer. When I connect the 2600+ to the computer now, nothing still shows up in the device manager. So, not sure what to try next. 

2 hours ago, OscarGungan said:

Update: I found the Evercade firmware updated in a USB category. I uninstalled it so now I’m good. Thanks all for the help!

For future reference, here is the driver you need to replace if you are using Windows. Here's a screenshot of where it is on my system (using Windows 11 after searching for device manager).

image.thumb.png.1689476da7665caaae025ef5ad8398ea.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1