IGNORED

Atari/Telegames Pong battery compartment restoration

ianoid

The springs and contacts are rusted out for a Telegames Pong that I recently picked and I'd like to replace them if possible.

Does anyone have any experience with this or can you suggest parts? It takes D cells.

IMG_9135.jpeg

Hey Ian! You'd probably be better off replacing the whole thing. There are 2x2 D-Cell holders available online pretty cheap. Might take a little customization or jury-rigging if the screw holes don't line up, though.

4 'D' Cell Battery Holder with Wire Leads, Plastic Case 5.22" x 2.91" x  1.22" | eBay

Or if you're really determined to keep it as original as possible (respect), you could probably scavenge the springs and contacts out of a new one, but I think they're riveted in, so I'm not sure how feasible that would be without drilling them out and refitting them with really small bolts and nuts or something. It could probably be done, but I think it would end up being a bigger pain in the ass than it's worth.

• Like 1