IGNORED

Atari's Yars' Revenge OFFICIAL HSW Sequel Status! - Exclusive Interview

PowerDubs

3 hours ago, r_chase said:

Oh good. You posted some good news after that Coinbase fiasco. How up to date you are, you stock market simp.

If you don't have something positive to contribute to a thread, then stay out of it.  Why was this post necessary?

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was honestly more mad at Atari for investing into crypto again soon after pulling out of it. Sorry about that.
I am happy that a great dev has returned to the surface with a sequel project to Yars' Revenge, which is actually a fun game anyway. So forgive me for being a little weirded out by the Coinbase news and overreacting.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, r_chase said:

I was honestly more mad at Atari for investing into crypto again soon after pulling out of it. Sorry about that.
I am happy that a great dev has returned to the surface with a sequel project to Yars' Revenge, which is actually a fun game anyway. So forgive me for being a little weirded out by the Coinbase news and overreacting.

That's fine if you don't like crypto and Atari's involvement in it, but, yeah, no reason to attack the messenger.  AtariAge is a website where the primary subject is Atari, and now that Atari has been quite active the past few years in a wide variety of projects, I think it's definitely worthwhile to have Atari-related news posted here.  And this specific forum is just for Atari news, so easy to avoid for those who don't care about it.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, r_chase said:

I was honestly more mad at Atari for investing into crypto again soon after pulling out of it.
I am happy that a great dev has returned to the surface with a sequel project to Yars' Revenge...

Yeah, the crypto stuff is beyond baffling to me for so many reasons that it's not even worth getting into. They're clearly already into it at this point though.
SUPER excited by the news about a real Yars sequel though! It was nice hearing HSW talk about his baby and how much he clearly cares about the name and legacy of the game. I agree with what someone else said on YT that they should just rename rising to whatever else and make the HSW version be the actual Yars to follow.

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 3

Howard's a genius. I love Revenge and the legacy he created and I have no doubt so do Wade and crew. But the fact that they hesitated to green light development on this makes me wonder if the concept is just not it. Sure the designer's name carries heavy weight, but it's probably wise on the bigger scale to better attract today's gamers to a contemporary title with modern gameplay like Rising instead of trying to revive the IP with an experimental one-screener thought out 40 years ago. I wish Acadamy will be a banger, but I also think that Atari's current way of expanding the Yarniverse is the right approach.

Edited by CharlesEChuck

49 minutes ago, CharlesEChuck said:

Howard's a genius. I love Revenge and the legacy he created and I have no doubt so do Wade and crew. But the fact that they hesitated to green light development on this makes me wonder if the concept is just not it. Sure the designer's name carries heavy weight, but it's probably wise on the bigger scale to better attract today's gamers to a contemporary title with modern gameplay like Rising instead of trying to revive the IP with an experimental one-screener thought out 40 years ago. I wish Acadamy will be a banger, but I also think that Atari's current way of expanding the Yarniverse is the right approach.

I would bet money (ha) that the reason for hesitation has more to do with the money involved than anything else. That or might have more to do with the direction they already chose to go.

As far as Atari's current way over whatever HSW has cooked up? Not a chance. I'll play nothing before anything else.

That's not to say "Rising" itself might not be a decent game but it will never come across as Yars to me because it simply isn't and is quite evident that's the case. If however that was the original intent from the onset then, man... I'm truly at a loss for words.

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 2:45 PM, PowerDubs said:

*A hem*

Hence forth, let it be known that I, sramirez2008 am interested in seeing a new contribution to the Yars’ Revenge lineup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2