IGNORED

Atari posted their OUTLOOK today...

PowerDubs

For the coming year Atari intends to continue to focus on executing its strategy aimed at monetizing its IP portfolio across all four lines of business and to capitalize on recently acquired studios, Nightdive Studios and Digital Eclipse, to expand its internal development capabilities and to support Atari’s retro-focused strategy.

• Games- Investment in a dynamic pipeline of new releases from Atari (including Yars Rising, NeoSprint, Atari 50 Expanded Edition, RCT game series), Nightdive (including a console release of System Shock Remake, The Thing Remastered, Killing Time: Resurrected, PO’ed: Definitive Edition), and Digital Eclipse (including Volgarr II, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Rita’s Rewind); continued development of Infogrames publishing label with further game purchases from third-parties; active development of existing portfolio, and expansion of physical and digital distribution of already acquired games (Totally Reliable Delivery Service and Surgeon Simulator);
  • Hardware- Expansion of the Atari “+” product line, commercialization of Atari 400 mini and new innovative hardware products via partnerships and licensing agreements; continued releases for the Atari XP program (for Atari 2600 and 7800); deeper integration of AtariAge community; and implementation of the strategic partnership with Polymega;
  • Licensing- Continued development of licensing opportunities across multiple geographies and verticals and increased collaboration with other Atari lines of business; exploration of brand and licensing opportunities from the recently acquired Intellivision properties;
  • Atari X- Continued development of Atari’s Web3 ecosystem through collaborations with leading Web3 partners and innovative community engagement driven by the Atari Club initiative.

Atari will also continue to selectively consider potential acquisitions and/or minority investments in companies offering value-added solutions and acquisitions of games that further complement its portfolio of intellectual property, across Atari and Infogrames.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, PowerDubs said:

My interest-

Hardware- Expansion of the Atari “+” product line.

So…. Jaguar+?

I think we'd get a Lynx+ before a Jaguar+. But both would be cool.

• Like 1

My bigger hope is probably one shared with Plaion in that the 7800 could gain enough aftermarket support to retroactively beat the NES in at least a few regards, course that would involve a lot more support and titles, but who knows?

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2024 at 9:20 PM, Shaggy the Atarian said:

Very interesting and rad looking title will be unveiled there. That's all I'll say for now

Woah! Did this happen yet? If not, when should I expect it? 

edit: never mind… sorry for replying to this older post. I’m guessing it’s the fatal run game. That was already announced. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 11:29 PM, Sauron said:

I think we'd get a Lynx+ before a Jaguar+. But both would be cool.

Wild speculation: I have a feeling that an Intellivision+ system is on the horizon next. It could potentially play the same games as the existing Atari+ hardware through a cartridge adapter. I suspect they'll create an adapter and a BIOS update to enable Intellivision games on earlier systems. That or they will come out with another 2600 system in the shape of the Jr with wireless controllers.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 3:17 PM, Rob Merritt said:

...or they will come out with another 2600 system in the shape of the Jr with wireless controllers.

I say a four switch vader style will be the next version of the 2600+ (with wireless controllers of course). The reason being is the shape is iconic and they can reuse most of the molds from the original 2600+.

All wouldn't it? I don't have an original woodie handy to compare, but seem to recall the only difference being the lack of woodgrain. Might be cool if they used black instead of chrome for the switches too, even though the original has chrome switches. How about color consoles, maybe even translucent ones? That could be cool. Same for controllers and other accessories.

• Like 1