IGNORED

Astro Bot

2 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Gotta give it to Sony, they say they'll deliver on the 6th, they are. 😀

Not for me, woke up to 2 of these in my inbox :(

image.thumb.png.452f8ad818ebd930dd18e1b81c822bb1.png

Tracking shows they're both in Louisville, KY with a new ETA of Monday. Interestingly enough, it's still 7pm for one and noon for the other.

Took it for a spin this morning before my work day starts.  Quite fun - rescued the 7 bots in Sky Garden, which included VIP bots Ratchet and Rivet, and found the 3 puzzle pieces then made it back to the crash site where the rescued bots left the controller ship and are hanging out.

Found a VIP bot screen that shows Ratchet and Rivet, but not the 4 VIP bots I rescued ahead of time in Astro's Playroom. Fired up Astro's Playroom and went to the area they're hanging out at - thought perhaps going thru the portal there would move them to the new game but nope, just takes you to the Playstation Store which shows I already bought Astro Bot.

I got the Deluxe version with the soundtrack and artwork, which I briefly checked out.  Was hoping tracks from Playroom like I'm Your GPU and SSD would be there but didn't see them, ah well. Hopefully there's a way to export the sound track to USB as I'd love to jam to it in the car.

Fired it up briefly on my lunch break. This time I noticed the 4 bots appear on the start screen:

image.thumb.jpeg.d8dc39ef77f50435a43a2508e65d1779.jpeg

They still didn't show up in the VIP list, though I figured out how to get them added (the other 2 are on other pages):

image.thumb.jpeg.457aa6d55ab1032c5f51d918a0e72b59.jpeg

The rest is behind the spoiler tag in case y'all want to figure it out on your own:

Spoiler

The special bots from Playroom are trapped under boulders in various locations around the crash site. Need to have rescued at least 2 other bots to help you lift the boulders off of them. It's kinda like how Clank interacts with other robots in some of the Ratchet & Clank games.

image.thumb.jpeg.7ee11e05398d2eab0b80b7d0165d6023.jpeg

After doing so interact with A5081 (asobi) to bring up the VIP list

image.thumb.jpeg.280f56358664d6763732c843a9f43313.jpeg

8 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

Tracking shows they're both in Louisville, KY with a new ETA of Monday. Interestingly enough, it's still 7pm for one and noon for the other.

UPS now shows Delivery Rescheduled for Saturday for both shipments.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a lot of trouble finishing Splashing Sprint, specifically getting past the missile launching frog and then the 3 flame throwers. Found this to be very helpful:

Spoiler

Missile launching frog:

Spoiler

Throw the second duck at the frog to prevent the missiles from being launched.

3 flame throwers:

Spoiler

Don't go past the duck right away - instead stop right at the duck so the flame throwers don't start.   Throw the duck to eliminate the next enemy, then throw the respawned ducks to kill the other 2 enemy and cleanup the oil so it doesn't slow you down. Be sure to get a running start before triggering the flame throwers.

Nice! Wasn't sure if nested spoilers would work :)