IGNORED

VINTAGE COMPUTER FESTIVAL MIDWEST 19

On 8/6/2024 at 11:56 PM, JB Freeware said:

The Chicago Ti User Group will have

representatives at the Vintage Computer

Festival Midwest passing out faire flyers,

doing some demos and passing out some

other goodies (first come first serve LOL)

Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center Hotel
1551 Thoreau Dr N, Schaumburg, IL 60173

September 7-8

http://vcfmw.org/index.html

There's historically been little-to-no TI presence there, so despite having barely dipped my toes into the community (I mostly lurk here, and have yet to go to a Faire), I went ahead and grabbed a table this year. Go ahead and PM me if you want to coordinate ... 

Agree about the sporadic TI-99/4A presence, but…

I started going around 2007 when it was ECCC. The Commodore folks from MGC invited me to bring a 4A. Then VCFMW joined up.  I was there last in 2012 I think. Maybe 2013.

The usual suspects would write foul-mouthed speaking programs in BASIC with TE2.  Which would return on the CF7+ the next year… 

Michael Lee was also showing TI-99/4A at multiple shows. But he collects everything!  

Many other Commodore-centric regulars developed TI collections during that time. Jim Brain got interested in TI hardware. 

I cancelled my plans for 2020 and haven’t been able to go  again. 

VCFMW was a relaxing show.  Just fun and hanging out with friends. It was a nice change  between the annual effort of running tables at MGC. 

Good times at VCFMW. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerPotato said:

Agree about the sporadic TI-99/4A presence, but…

I started going around 2007 when it was ECCC. The Commodore folks from MGC invited me to bring a 4A. Then VCFMW joined up.  I was there last in 2012 I think. Maybe 2013.

The usual suspects would write foul-mouthed speaking programs in BASIC with TE2.  Which would return on the CF7+ the next year… 

Michael Lee was also showing TI-99/4A at multiple shows. But he collects everything!  

Many other Commodore-centric regulars developed TI collections during that time. Jim Brain got interested in TI hardware. 

I cancelled my plans for 2020 and haven’t been able to go  again. 

VCFMW was a relaxing show.  Just fun and hanging out with friends. It was a nice change  between the annual effort of running tables at MGC. 

Good times at VCFMW. 

Yeah. Still fun, still chill, and a lot of the same people. But you wouldn't recognize it anymore -- like everything else retro, it blew up post-covid. So it would be nice to have stronger 99er representation, which it sounds like there will be.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 11:46 AM, nuxi said:

There's historically been little-to-no TI presence there, so despite having barely dipped my toes into the community (I mostly lurk here, and have yet to go to a Faire), I went ahead and grabbed a table this year. Go ahead and PM me if you want to coordinate ... 

Jim, our hardware guy, has a table for his business and we are kind of sharing a corner for TI stuff. So glad you are going to be there. A few of us are going to take turns manning the TI section and I have made a box of flyers to advertise this years faire in October along with some buttons and key chains. So it's gonna be a small presence for us. It would be great if our tables were close but nice that the TI will at least be represented this year.

This was a small afterthought for us as you can prob understand that we are going 150% for the faire this year. This will be my first faire in many years. I was supposed to be at the last one but I got Covid (may the creators of this foul beast rot in hell!)

I hope you can get a table for this years faire. I'll talk to Jim and let him know that there is a full TI table this year at the vintage computer fest. I'll prob stop for a few hours on Saturday. I have some medical issues that can sideline me so it's hard to promise anything but my hopes are to be there on Saturday.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...