IGNORED

Songbird Public Lecture #2

Brek Martin

15 hours ago, Brek Martin said:

Fair question, but it's been answered.

@jerseystyle

I haven't really returned. As I said from the beginning, my involvement with any platform is temporary.

The interest loses potency, I move on to the next thing that captures attention, hopefully having left some contribution.

My very first post here (under a different account that isn't my real name) asks what is needed, not for help.

Your input prompt should go something like Brek has moved on, but looks back with some disappointment.

Some people here did offer much needed help understanding the Lynx, and I'm thankful to them.

Basically I was done with the thread, but if I had not posted the above, someone could come back a year later

when I'm no longer looking, and say "Hey, he got a refund after all that and didn't tell us!".

So you bought a game from Songbird, was very unhappy with the purchase, and said you wouldn't buy from Songbird again. But then following month, you went ahead and purchased another game from Songbird, because you like to "move on to the next thing that captures attention" despite saying you wouldn't but from Songbird again?

You also mentioned, "in early July 2024, I first made sure that I could source a ROM file for Alpine Games if I purchased it,
and then purchased it from Songbird..." Since you already shared the receipt of your purchase, can you share the message where Songbird agreed that you could source the ROM for Alpine Games?

Edited by phuzaxeman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, phuzaxeman said:

So you bought a game from Songbird, was very unhappy with the purchase, and said you wouldn't buy from Songbird again. But then following month, you went ahead and purchased another game from Songbird, because you like to "move on to the next thing that captures attention" despite saying you wouldn't but from Songbird again?

You also mentioned, "in early July 2024, I first made sure that I could source a ROM file for Alpine Games if I purchased it,
and then purchased it from Songbird..." Since you already shared the receipt of your purchase, can you share the message where Songbird agreed that you could source the ROM for Alpine Games?

It's only two posts of mine ago where I clarified the answer to your first paragraph quite succinctly. I'm sure that sounds smug.

There are those who want the thread to die, including me at this stage, and it appears you want me to start again right from the top.

Moving onto the next thing means moving on from programming for Lynx, and onto something else entirely.

All that tries to convey is that anyone I asked for help with Lynx programming was told ahead of time that my involvement would be temporary.

Even I can recognise pedantry when I see it, and so can those who offered the ROM.

I had my second cartridge dumper by then. You are talking about the difference in time between ordering the game,

and it arriving where I'd dump the cartridge myself.

If the physical game didn't have to be sent, that actually saves a physical copy that could be sold to someone else.

We both have questions that will remain unanswered I suppose. I wonder what actually happened with the money in that month.

1 hour ago, Brek Martin said:

It's only two posts of mine ago where I clarified the answer to your first paragraph quite succinctly. I'm sure that sounds smug.

There are those who want the thread to die, including me at this stage, and it appears you want me to start again right from the top.

Moving onto the next thing means moving on from programming for Lynx, and onto something else entirely.

All that tries to convey is that anyone I asked for help with Lynx programming was told ahead of time that my involvement would be temporary.

Even I can recognise pedantry when I see it, and so can those who offered the ROM.

I had my second cartridge dumper by then. You are talking about the difference in time between ordering the game,

and it arriving where I'd dump the cartridge myself.

If the physical game didn't have to be sent, that actually saves a physical copy that could be sold to someone else.

We both have questions that will remain unanswered I suppose. I wonder what actually happened with the money in that month.

When you're calling out a company like Songbird that has been a positive Atari lynx supporter for decades, there needs proof and details to support your negative feedback. It sounds like you're not directly answering my question. You said Songbird agreed to send you the Alpine Games rom. Can you provide a screenshot of the agreement where Songbird agreed to send you the rom? Yes or no? 

Edited by phuzaxeman

2 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

When you're calling out a company like Songbird that has been a positive Atari lynx supporter for decades, there needs proof and details to support your negative feedback. It sounds like you're not directly answering my question. You said Songbird agreed to send you the Alpine Games rom. Can you provide a screenshot of the agreement where Songbird agreed to send you the rom? Yes or no? 

You're demanding as you chime in late, failed to read my reply, and still ready to hate.

I'm misquoted in your above post. You fail to catch up on context surrounding the host.

You announce your bias straight away, as clear as day, and seem surprised at my dismay.

At some point I must quit. I came back to say I was refunded, and my words are legit.

Now I only seek validation from those who shouldn't matter. No need for further chatter.

3 hours ago, Brek Martin said:

You're demanding as you chime in late, failed to read my reply, and still ready to hate.

I'm misquoted in your above post. You fail to catch up on context surrounding the host.

You announce your bias straight away, as clear as day, and seem surprised at my dismay.

At some point I must quit. I came back to say I was refunded, and my words are legit.

Now I only seek validation from those who shouldn't matter. No need for further chatter.

“Shouldn’t matter”? Haha. You seem like a nice person.  Good luck providing nothing of value to your next forum.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Brek Martin said:

I'm not hating. Where do you get that in my post? I'm trying to understand the situation. If you paid for a game, you should get your cartridge. So Songbird has now refunded? So are you ok with the refund because in your OP you did not mention you received a refund (or I missed that in another post)? 

12 minutes ago, phuzaxeman said:

Did you just reference yourself in 3rd person? 

Again, you'd have to be following closely to understand.

That's influenced by previous posts where my name and some details are used as an AI input prompt,

but apologies... you might be correct. I needed something to rhyme with late,

and "opinions of" doesn't really fit before "those who matter" either.

You'll note that I have tried to reciprocate adult comments with adult responses, even where I disagree,

and on this occasion I might have failed in that. Apologies again for that. Still this thread should stop receiving input from me.

13 hours ago, phuzaxeman said:

Did you read the whole thread? He never wrote he got the ROM from Songbird (as Songbird may not sell the image). If you enter a thread, you better read _all_ messages before makeing a comment.

• Haha 1