IGNORED

Star Wars: Outlaws

vrocko

Well I was at my local GameStop, don't freak out or have a conniption, and bought a steel box game edition of Flashback 2. Now the guy working said he didn't like it but I'm going to judge for myself. He said it was boring but we shall see. Anyway he convinced me to put down $5.00 to reserve Star Wars: Outlaws even with all the bad press its been getting. Was going to wait until it was out and I could get it cheaper but he said that they've been limiting the number of hardcopies of games due to cost to produce. Digital is now the thing and I hate that. Some games only exist digitally and if the server gets shut down or the game is removed from the online store well you either get a copy or never see it again. So anybody else order it? He says if I order it I can get a hardcopy but if I don't want it I can get my $5.00 back. I'll see. Wish they had given you a choice of characters to pick like any Star Wars movie, TV or book character or any of the Star Wars races. Maybe they wouldn't have had an issue with the character they created.

The AI in game looks terrible. What the heck were they thinking? Well we shall see if I get it or not.     

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2024 at 10:27 AM, vrocko said:

So anybody else order it?

Yup. It's a good Star Wars game, just not a great Star Wars game.It has Metal Gear/Deus Ex like stealth sections that can sometimes be annoying. Seems strange no mini map in the corner. Controls seem wonky too. Yet I still want to play more.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 7:46 PM, Zeptari said:

Yup. It's a good Star Wars game, just not a great Star Wars game.It has Metal Gear/Deus Ex like stealth sections that can sometimes be annoying. Seems strange no mini map in the corner. Controls seem wonky too. Yet I still want to play more.

Yeah I got it. Like you say it's a good game just not a great game. The stealth is okay but kind of rough. Any little mistake and you're hosed. I hear they may update it to fix that. Yeah no mini map that would help a lot. AI definitely needs work, lots of work. Controls are okay to me but like you say they can be wonky. I've haven't experienced some of the things I've seen on Youtube but I'm probably not far enough in yet. I'll keep playing and see where it takes me. Should have left this one in the oven for awhile. Wasn't quite baked all the way through, but most games are like that now-a-days. Hey lets put this game out now! But it's not quite done yet! Hey we can add updates later and charge them to boot! What the heck happened to the game industry?