IGNORED

Lynx Ridged Cartridge Style

Albert

Okay, here's a question for you Lynx experts out there. As you probably know, Atari released games for the Lynx using three cartridge styles, that I'll call Flat, Ridged and Curved Lip. The Flat carts are the original ones with dimples on the end, and they stack rather nicely. But they're a pain to remove from the original Lynx. So Atari rectified that (somewhat) by adding two small Ridges to the bottom, which is how we get to the Ridged style. And finally, Atari scrapped the dimples and added a nice curved lip to the end of the cart, which is how how all Lynx games produced by Atari were released from that point on.

My question is: Which games were actually released in the Ridged style? I only own a Chip's Challenge in this style, which I happened to stumble upon last week. I suspect that Blue Lightning, Electrocop and Gates of Zendocon were also produced in this style, but having never seen them I can't be positive. California Games would be the only other possible candidate, but I'm not as sure about that one.

Confirmation of these Ridged titles would be nice (so I can add them to our database), but what I'd really like to get are scans of the carts. Any help towards completing that endeavor would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

..Al

How about a high resolution scan of the 3 types next to each other? I'm a little lost.

I think my Blue Lightning, Electrocop and Gates of Zendocon are the 2nd type.

They have the bumps on the ends with a very small lip there that stick up only so slightly.

-Rick

PS .. if I scan these for you will the very small ridge be visible?

quote:

Originally posted by Zeptari:

How about a high resolution scan of the 3 types next to each other? I'm a little lost.

I think my Blue Lightning, Electrocop and Gates of Zendocon are the 2nd type.

They have the bumps on the ends with a very small lip there that stick up only so slightly.

The cartridges you have are the original Flat style that Atari produced. I think the small ridge on these carts is to aid in stacking carts, as it wasn't useful when trying to remove them from a Lynx. The ridges I'm talking about (there are two of them) are on the back of the cartridge and are quite pronounced, you can't miss them.

Clear pictures of all three styles will be visible on AtariAge later in the day.

..Al

• 3 months later...