IGNORED

Adaptive Controller provides interesting XBox control options for classic gaming fans

wongojack

The Xbox Adaptive Controller is meant to be used by those with limited mobility and use of their hands, but it offers a lot of additional control options even for those without limited mobility.  I got a deal on one, so I figured, I'd give it a shot.  I've been able to connect PC flight sticks, replica Atari joysticks and the stella adapter to it to let me control games.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get a mouse to function as an analog stick, but everything I've tried that identifies as a game controller in windows seems to work.  If you are heavy into XBox and have amassed lots of classic game collections over the years then this could give you some new options.  I haven't figured out a track ball solution yet, but I'm on the lookout.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zoyous said:

I don't quite understand... for example, how is using the flight stick through the Adaptive Controller different than just plugging in the flight stick directly?

I don't think the flight stick works if you plug it in directly.  It is not an official Xbox Controller.  Just like if I were to plug a Stelladaptor into my XBox - it won't do anything.  However, it does work with the adaptive controller.  It seems anything that identifies as a game controller in Windows will work.

And, of course, the adaptive controller lets you do a lot of remapping of buttons and combine the use of a regular controller with other control options.  The original intention is that it be used by people with limited mobility.  One of the examples shown is a woman missing some fingers on her left hand.  She can't press the trigger buttons, but with the adaptive controller can instead use a different button to control those functions.

• Like 2

Oh, I see what you're saying. That is great, it really does expand your options for controls. I suppose it would work with my Astro City Mini arcade stick. It does show up as a Windows controller but plugged directly into the Xbox, doesn't register.

• Like 1