IGNORED

Jaguar CD+

YarsFan

16 minutes ago, 82-T/A said:

To anyone who's listening, I would definitely buy an Atari Jaguar+.

Same here.

I never had the chance to really explore Jaguar games.

Also, bring back consoles with names related to predatory cats. Imagine a new console called the Atari Sabertooth — a direct competitor to Xbox, PlayStation, and Nintendo. That probably won't happen but it sounds cool.

I am rooting for you, Atari. Swing for the fences!

Edited by Orange Lynx
  • Like 1

I'd be down for a tempest stand-alone with a proper spinner too, that would be awesome! While accessories never do that good, I think Atari should do spinners, and driving controllers, at least for their own hardware. Even for things like Atari 50, a good chunk of those games used varying non digital, or analog style controllers that just aren't properly represented when dumbed down to a modern digital controller.

On 8/29/2024 at 12:30 AM, leech said:

Yes.  I always found it odd that there are plenty of Alien games, several Alien vs Predator games.  But there have never been (as far as I'm aware) any games based solely on the Predator (at least since 1991 when Predator 2 came out, and there were a few iterations of the first Predator).  We've had quite a few new movies since then though...

'Over here.... turn around...'

I thought I had seen some, but couldn't think of any specifics, so I checked Google and seems there's a few.  I'm kinda curious to see how that "takes on the mafia" plays

Screenshot_20240901-222220.thumb.png.f93605fb89dab3569dcc16799f99e068.png

Concrete Jungle is pure, unrefined nostalgia from years long gone. I played that game on Old Crotchety, the nickname bestowed upon my Xbox.

The NES version of Predator is decent. I believe there was Predator 2 for SNES, maybe?

Imagine a modern 2600 game, based on Predator. Take it a step further with the 16-bit Lynx, similar to CyberVirus from Songbird.

I loved my copies of CyberVirus and CV Lost Missions. All my Lynx games were stolen, which is saddening. And without my physical carts, I had to delete the ROMs. You know, to keep things legal — that sort of thing. C'est la vie!

On 9/1/2024 at 8:25 PM, Razzie.P said:

I thought I had seen some, but couldn't think of any specifics, so I checked Google and seems there's a few.  I'm kinda curious to see how that "takes on the mafia" plays

Screenshot_20240901-222220.thumb.png.f93605fb89dab3569dcc16799f99e068.png

I was going by Moby Games; https://www.mobygames.com/search/?q=predator

I haven't played this one on the ST.

image.thumb.png.dad8289eab31c6673c37ab3c99074037.png

Or Predator 2

image.thumb.png.b0de497a2dce55b5cbf1039e3b70b952.png

Ha, I looked at the Predator 2 for the Genesis and the one for the Game Gear / Sega Master System... they are two different games than the Amiga/ST versions!

Edited by leech

On 8/22/2024 at 2:34 PM, doctorclu said:

A miniature Jaguar might be fun for travelling and HDMI monitors.  I'd welcome it.

I've been thinking about this a little bit, what if Atari releases a Jaguar mini that uses miniature replicas of jag carts (exact miniature shell replicas) that are actually flash drives, they would plug into the usb port that is located inside the mini jaguar cart port (so it would look like a real jag cart plugged in, just with a usb connector at the bottom). Someone could (hint hint) make a mini Gamedrive for it, and Atari could sell mini carts in mini boxes with mini manuals etc... for the mini cat. COuld be done for any mini going forward actually. UHHH, ATARI........ YOU'RE WELCOME!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buescherking said:

I've been thinking about this a little bit, what if Atari releases a Jaguar mini that uses miniature replicas of jag carts (exact miniature shell replicas) that are actually flash drives, they would plug into the usb port that is located inside the mini jaguar cart port (so it would look like a real jag cart plugged in, just with a usb connector at the bottom). Someone could (hint hint) make a mini Gamedrive for it, and Atari could sell mini carts in mini boxes with mini manuals etc... for the mini cat. COuld be done for any mini going forward actually. UHHH, ATARI........ YOU'RE WELCOME!!

A Jagini?

That sounds cool, though unlikely and totally impractical, unless they were to do that for a modern console or something. If your going to nix support for actual carts/discs, seems to me just do everything built in, or maybe an expandable SD card (though Atari could do "compilation packs" might be cool)

On 9/6/2024 at 9:43 AM, PMMS said:

Bahhh! I prefer a real Jaguar console like the 2600+ rather than the Mini 400, at least we can add our cartridges, but the problem is to create new games for the JAG, 3D games, more modern games.

I 100% agree with you, the Jaguar+ is definitely the dream and preferable, but with the complicated cart port and to replicate the controllers properly, probably not a realistic dream, unfortunately. I think the most practical and realistic expectation from Atari is a Mini Jag, running Rich Whitehouse BigPemu (the man deserves a BIG payday for his work from Atari). It would be neat to have a psuedo cart port (put a usb connector port there so we could plug in mini jag carts , or at least make a flash drive that is shaped like a miniature jag cart to plug in there). This is how I would approach all mini consoles in the future, my opinion.

BITD, Atari sold something like 250 times as many 2600s as Jaguars, and even so the new 2600+ sells in relatively modest numbers.

Atari isn't going to sink huge sums of money into developing a Jaguar+ for such a limited market.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, LS650 said:

BITD, Atari sold something like 250 times as many 2600s as Jaguars, and even so the new 2600+ sells in relatively modest numbers.

Atari isn't going to sink huge sums of money into developing a Jaguar+ for such a limited market.

I tend to agree with you about the jag market BITD was limited, but I think now many more people have been exposed and are curious about the old cat because of places like this and youtube videos etc. That curiosity is suppressed by the outrageous pricing of original jag consoles and game carts (and the scarcity of both), however if Atari brought forth a Jag+ or even a Jag mini (more realistic, maybe) I think a lot of us here and overseas would buy it, certainly more interesting than a rehashed 2600+ (7800+). Don't get me wrong I love the 2600+ (and am buying the 7800+), but I just see more excitement around a Jag (or Lynx) retro console IMO. Maybe it's just me though. Sound off if you agree or not, all opinions are Welcome!