IGNORED

Burgertime issues?

Dire 51

This is a weird one.

Set up my 2600 for the first time in ages today. It's an unmodified console running on a Sanyo CRT. Fired up the Harmony Encore and played a bunch of games, no problems. When I got to Burgertime, the game spazzed out right from jump (basically a black screen with a bunch of multicolored wavy lines on both sides of the screen), and when I pressed the button, the game came on, but was severely glitched (missing hamburger pieces and pieces falling by themselves, mainly).

Decided to test it on my UAV modded 7800 and it worked fine, no issues.

I'm at a loss, any ideas what's happening there?

Edited by Dire 51

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpiceWare said:

Per this topic check the position of your difficulty switches 

Thanks for the suggestion, Darrell. Unfortunately it didn't resolve the "phantom burgers" issue.

To explain a little more about this whole "phantom burgers" thing, it's like the sprites vanish, but the game plays normally enough. You can even walk over where the burgers are, and they fall, but they just aren't on screen. Some of the burger pieces do appear and stay where they're supposed to. But when the game starts, burgers just start raining from the sky until they disappear. It's weird. Like I said, it runs fine on my UAV modded 7800 - same Harmony Encore and everything - just not here.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some digging and it looks like the E7 code could use a rewrite for efficiency, as it's right on the edge of not working on some consoles. I guess not a lot of people use it, as I haven't gotten any reports before of issues until very recently.

Here is a new BIOS version to try out, and let me know if this fixes the problem with E7. This firmware doesn't contain anything new except the E7 changes (this is better for testing purposes).

I am away from my console at the moment so unable to test myself, so if there are issues then I will remove this file and post fixes when I am able to validate them.

hbios_106_NTSC_E7fix.bin

• Like 2