IGNORED

Official firmware update?

Gabe

4 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

I agree, I wish we would also get some modern paddle games. Breakout is rather a bit simplistic, port of Krakout would be great. 
BTW, with Medieval Mayhem paddles work quite well. This is really fun game. 

This is a great idea, more modern paddle games! 

I often wonder why Atari never made an Arcade version of PONG for the Atari 2600. I know there is Video Olympics with many variations in the game. But for some reason I didn’t find it as entertaining as original Pong. Yes it was in color but I never really liked it in color, and the on screen paddles seem smaller. I liked the B/W PONG with the sounds and scoring. Video Olympics just didn’t have that feel to it.

One would think that the Atari 2600 has the capability for an Arcade version of PONG. It was released after the home versions of PONG correct?

Edit: Home version of PONG release date 1975

Atari 2600 release date 1977

Atari 2600+ release date 2023

Edited by MrChickenz

7 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I would think that game compatibility for the games that don’t run at all takes priority over the relatively small number of paddle games that *do* work, just not as smooth as some people would like them. 

I do have to agree with paddle enthusiasts. Super Breakout and Kaboom are two top paddle games for Atari. While playable technically I wouldn’t consider them working titles. Seems to me your limited to how far you can score in these games due to the paddles/emulation not having the response that it should for these games. And I know @DEANJIMMY is having an issue with Circus Atari and Medieval Mayhem as well. So paddle support should have priority especially if you want the Atari 2600+ to be as authentic as possible. This is where many Flashbacks failed. As well as Track Ball support!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2024 at 10:43 PM, Gabe said:

I think that's the last time I'll ask any questions here.

No.  My opinion is to ask what you need to know.  That is how we learn.

I read through this thread and my opinion is that there were some fun, silly, answers to lighten the stress.  For me, R6 is a fantastic release and behind the scenes, I just know Plaion is working VERY hard to move forward.

I gotta admit, between the "Animal House" and "Mr. Bean" responses, they had me giggling.  :lolblue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I read through this thread and my opinion is that there were some fun, silly, answers to lighten the stress.  For me, R6 is a fantastic release and behind the scenes, I just know Plaion is working VERY hard to move forward.

I gotta admit, between the "Animal House" and "Mr. Bean" responses, they had me giggling.  :lolblue:

5 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I do have to agree with paddle enthusiasts. Super Breakout and Kaboom are two top paddle games for Atari. While playable technically I wouldn’t consider them working titles. Seems to me your limited to how far you can score in these games due to the paddles/emulation not having the response that it should for these games. And I know @DEANJIMMY is having an issue with Circus Atari and Medieval Mayhem as well. So paddle support should have priority especially if you want the Atari 2600+ to be as authentic as possible. This is where many Flashbacks failed. As well as Track Ball support!

Paddles for Medieval Mayham work fine!

Just my  NTSC cart wouldn't dump without glitches for many dumper releases but it will be fine in the future, as the dumper is still developped forward🤙

Circus was not as good as on real HW with same paddles.

• Like 2