IGNORED

Some of my findings for the Atari 2600+

JOD-I

Hello everyone.  Even though I have an S-video UAV modded 7800 I broke down and got an Atari 2600+ with extras for a really good price.  It may not be perfect but I love it.  It may be emulation but it is GOOD emulation.  I was able to do some awesome things with it so far.  The multi-cart selector works with it.  my harmony cart in developer mode loaded all but one rom so far.  Nukey shays Ms.Hack worked great.  Galaxian arcade, DK arcade and most other games I turned my harmony cart into booted just fine.  Starpath games did not boot for me.  All my 7800 games including Homebrews like DK PK and Pac-man collection booted up as well.  So far all of my 2600 cartridges are working as long as I clean them first.  My 7800 controller that I got off of ebay works. My 7800 controller even allows me to play omega race. Keep in mind that I did upgrade the firmware in my 2600+ to get these things to work so for anyone that did not upgrade I strongly recommend that you do.  Now I just hope that another firmware upgrade comes out to fix things like using the keypad for star raiders 

• Like 1

Many of the games that didnt work on 1.0 now do work with the latest upgrade.  Super Cobra for example.  My Homebrew 7800 games like baby pac man and scramble work as well.  Some of my games like my activision games were taking a few tries to get them to boot up but I discovered that my multi game changer allowed me to boot these games on the first try.  Games that allowed cheats still allowed me to cheat.  Space Invaders if you hold down reset until the game fully boots will allow you to fire 2 shots at a time instead of 1.

Slightly more findings.  If you use the multicart selector to boot your cartridges as long as the multicart cartridge is clean, The cartridges in the Multicart part dont have to be as clean for the 2600+ to boot them.  There is indeed a tiny bit of lag but you should still be able to play your games fine.

On 8/29/2024 at 9:55 PM, JOD-I said:

Hello everyone.  Even though I have an S-video UAV modded 7800 I broke down and got an Atari 2600+ with extras for a really good price.  It may not be perfect but I love it.  It may be emulation but it is GOOD emulation.  I was able to do some awesome things with it so far.  The multi-cart selector works with it.  my harmony cart in developer mode loaded all but one rom so far.  Nukey shays Ms.Hack worked great.  Galaxian arcade, DK arcade and most other games I turned my harmony cart into booted just fine.  Starpath games did not boot for me.  All my 7800 games including Homebrews like DK PK and Pac-man collection booted up as well.  So far all of my 2600 cartridges are working as long as I clean them first.  My 7800 controller that I got off of ebay works. My 7800 controller even allows me to play omega race. Keep in mind that I did upgrade the firmware in my 2600+ to get these things to work so for anyone that did not upgrade I strongly recommend that you do.  Now I just hope that another firmware upgrade comes out to fix things like using the keypad for star raiders 

Yeah, the fact that we got the omega race support with the two button controller is huge.

I've just been playing it today with the CX78+. Which has been acquitting itself very well in terms of how sensitive its d-pad is.

• Like 1