IGNORED

Advise needed for 32k expansion

moije

Hi,All

Today I finally recived this memory expansion

And i want to turn it in a non volatile mem(like minimem).

So maybe with a 3xLR3 holder(4.8v) or 4xLR3(6.4v)with 2 diodes in serial.

I also need a switch to disable 32k without loosing data in it(don't want XB to Write on it).

I wrote a prog that run from minimem and gives me the ability to store multiple files in expmem2 from expmem1(buffer).

I was wondering if someone could give me tips for soldering and how much power it will need.

Thanks in advance.

Capture d’écran_30-8-2024_235620_.jpeg

otronic-3x-porte-piles-aaa-45v.webp

70729263255ef5d12b28d6a1f091fd91.webp

IMG_20240830_234636.jpg

IMG_20240830_234640.jpg

IMG_20240830_234701.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the info direct of  "The Brewing Academy Website"

It runs off of +5v, using about 5-10mah. There is one configuration jumper to either take power from an external 5.5/2.1mm tip-positive 5.0 VDC power supply, or the TI-99/4A sideport. It will work with your Speech Synthesizer installed IF you use an external power supply (available separately) OR modify your speech synthesizer to supply power at pin #1.

The power consumption is pretty low if the bus buffer and other logic chips are HCT type.

It has a power supply connector on the back. Instead of batteries, you could just leave it powered. When I built them there was a 3 pin header that controlled if the +5v came from the TI expansion port, or from the power supply. So you could also tap in there for battery, the center pin feeds the board, the outer 2 are the different supplies.

To disconnect the circuit from the bus, and to allow an alternative memory expansion, I would wire a disconnect switch to the _245's enable feed, and a 20k pull-up to the same pin. When the switch is closed, the feed can override the pull-up, the pull-up is in full control when the switch is open.

• Like 1