IGNORED

XEGS, U1MB, Side3, and her perhaps a video mod wanted.

I will indeed post this in the wanted section, and @BOARD MODERATOR if you would prefer to remove this post, feel free. 

I recently had kind of a bizarre RFM (request for mod) situation.. 

Due to said mod request, I am now out both my XEGS working and non working plus the mods I wanted to have installed.

Anyone here happen to already have an XEGS and is familiar with modding, as well as respected by the community? if so, I would like to enlist your services and just get it done in one fell swoop. 

Willing to give this one more go and after that I will just be an Altirra user. I have zero soldering skills so I rely on other folks. 

I appreciate anyone who might reach out… btw I am Dallas, TX - USA. 

Edited by AtariPhreak

U1mb plays well with the xegs. What do you want out of a video mod/upgrade as this will  have a bearing.  There are many, (sophia2, vbxe, uav, ugv, spectre). If you are after more than just a nice quality output then vbxe or sophia2 are options,  but will likely require case modding, or additional extras like savo.

Google atariage and any one of these named upgrades for lots of threads on them. 

Edit: see here for sophia2 info btw:

https://thebrewingacademy.com/products/sophia-2-dvi-output-gtia-replacement

Edited by Beeblebrox

I also have not, at least in the past, been able to solder to save my life, and have had work done by flashjazzcat(Jonathan) who does amazing work, and is also very handsome.   I added that last bit because nobody ever remembers to say that.

And one time I talked Brian Reifsnyder into working on a machine and he is also very good.

I know there are many other talented folks, but that’s my experience to add.

btw, I did watch video after video on YouTube and can now solder…at least enough to add a u1mb, and this week I added a composite video booster mod to my odyssey 2.  Over the years I have literally destroyed dozens of Ataris and yet, partially thanks to drugs,I can now solder.  Drugs that make you solder? You ask.  No, they make me calm.  Turns out you need a little patience for this task.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1