IGNORED

Favorite VCS multiplayer games

RollOut

What are everyone's favorite multiplayer games on the VCS? This isn't meant to be an exhaustive "best of" list, just some personal favorites that you've spent time with. Here are some of my picks.

Favorite local player "death match": Cymatically Muffed.  I'll admit that this criminally underrated game was the whole reason I started the topic. The art style took a bit to get used to (I rather like it now), but the gameplay is simple and addictive. The single player campaign is fun, but playing against friends on the couch is worth the price of admission by itself. 

Favorite sports game: Pixel Cup Soccer. There aren't too many sports titles on the VCS, but this one takes the cake for me. It plays like an updated version of Nintendo World Cup on the NES, with updated "FIFA" rosters (they only use first names for the players, but you know who they are). Too bad we didn't get a port of the sequel.

Favorite quick "pick-up and play" game: Tower of Rubble. Short rounds, addictive gameplay, and you can easily explain everything you need to know in about 10 seconds. A great port of a great 2600 homebrew.

I haven't played much cooperative multiplayer or online multiplayer, so I'd be interested to see what people think.

If I have local co-op the Recharged games are also excellent. Agreed on Pixel Cup Soccer. I'd add this year's Cosmic Panic (party game), Danger Scavenger (super underrated third person co-op level-based run and gunner), Neosprint (top down arcade racing), Strike Zone 2600 (super fun simple bowling game), and Ultimate Ski Jumping (simple fun ski jumping game).

My favorites are:
- Yars Recharged, Asteroid Recharged, and Centipede: Recharged. I've already shown one of my VCS800 with these games at my work and at noon my colleagues loved playing the Recharged games in co-op.

- Dynablaster.

- Pixel Cup Soccer of course, I'm French ;-) but it's a shame the bug with the goalkeeper... You go towards the goal, the goalkeeper dives, and then you avoid him, you shoot at the opposite and it's always goal... Too bad we didn't get the latest version: The Ultimate Edition which fixes this bug and also allows you to play with up to 8 players instead of 2. 

-Danger Scavenger, one of my first games. I will replay it now !