IGNORED

Wanted: Known Good 5200 Controllers!

Albert

Greetings,

I need to get my hands on at least two known good 5200 controllers as quickly as possible.  I really just need them to test something on the 5200 systems I have here, as both of the controllers I have here have...issues (all the good ones are apparently in Portland!)  So I can either buy them outright or you could temporarily loan them to me, and I'll send them back as soon as I'm done with my testing.

Please send me a PM if you can help out. 

Thank you!

..Al

Hi Al! I wish can help you with the 5200 controller. I bought some new controllers for the 7800 and they do make 5200 controllers, but it cost too much. I have seen them on Ebay, but not a big fan of Ebay. charles b.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Albert said:

Greetings,

I need to get my hands on at least two known good 5200 controllers as quickly as possible.  I really just need them to test something on the 5200 systems I have here, as both of the controllers I have here have...issues (all the good ones are apparently in Portland!)  So I can either buy them outright or you could temporarily loan them to me, and I'll send them back as soon as I'm done with my testing.

Please send me a PM if you can help out. 

Thank you!

..Al

Al, send the controllers you have to me and I will get rebuild kits on order for them. I can get those kits in a few days usually as I just use up the last I had on hand from the some 5200 service requests I've been doing recently.

I just ordered some more kits to have on hand. If for some reason there isn't time to get them quick enough, then I could send you my two working controllers from my actual 5200 and then rebuild yours and switch them back out at that point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Al, send the controllers you have to me and I will get rebuild kits on order for them. I can get those kits in a few days usually as I just use up the last I had on hand from the some 5200 service requests I've been doing recently.

Yeah, I can do that.  I wish I had more here I could send you, but they are all up in Portland!  Things are in a bit of flux at the moment, as I'm already half moved out of this house.  :D  I'll talk to you in PM or on Discord.

..Al

1 minute ago, SuperZapperRecharge said:

I have two I can send you that got rebuilt in June. Get them out today via Fedex or UPS.

Someone else has two good, working controllers that I am borrowing to do the testing done, so I'm now good there, thank you.  Now, if someone wants to sell me known, good, working controllers as well, I'd certainly entertain that. :D :D

Thank you,

..Al

7 hours ago, Albert said:

Someone else has two good, working controllers that I am borrowing to do the testing done, so I'm now good there, thank you.  Now, if someone wants to sell me known, good, working controllers as well, I'd certainly entertain that. :D :D

Thank you,

..Al

So we can move this to the wanted section now? :P 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2024 at 6:18 PM, CPUWIZ said:

So we can move this to the wanted section now? :P 

Ha, seems like there should be a new rebuild service for these... I replaced the mylar bits in my controllers and they've been fine since.  I think I still have a spare set as well.  Though I also tracked down the Wico controller, though I don't have the little duplex thing for Space Dungeon / Robotron 2084 for that controller.