IGNORED

What is it?

RickyDean

I have some devices for the TI that I got from an individual a few years ago and I am going to bring them up one by one, too see if they can be identified.

I believe these came from Germany and are hand etched and built. Here is the first. Can you help me identify it? I feel this is some kind of sound card?

20240910_220655.jpg

20240910_220643.jpg

20240910_220638.jpg

Edited by RickyDean
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RickyDean said:

Can you help me identify it?

It seemed like a sound card, with that plug, I can see it has 74LS251/74LS259 with connections to the correct address lines, for sure he has decoded the CRU, and the LEDs are to indicate which bit is on/off. That plug looks to be attached to a 7805 regulator, this must be the power supply plug (5v). The 74155 is the decoder for the address space, the 7485 is a comparator  used with the dip switches to select the CRU block.

So generally speaking it looks like a input/output CRU interface. It looks like he was testing the output using the LEDs, there is no input section yet, I'd have to trace out the circuit to see what the transistors are for. I hope this helps. Regards Arto.  

Edited by Artoj
  • Like 2

What does the term stecker here mean? It is a  German word for plug, but would this be meaning the plug we're seeing, or do you think it means a proper name, Jim Stecker. would this be a tester for the cru input/output for the console or do you think it had another use then? Anyone had any experience with this piece of equipment? Would it be a one off, or was it produced in a small batch by a User group? I haven't seen @Ksarul post in a few days, he would probably know.

Stecker.jpg

Just for the etymologically interested, German "Stecker" is from the verb "stecken", related to English "stick", while English "plug" is related to German "Pflock", which is the wooden thing you hammer into the ground or into vampires.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Okay, not quite sure what the other is supposed to be, though we do have a good estimation. Next on the list is this Mechatronic style eprom programmer. Does anyone know anything about it? It is also German made. I'd like to find some documentation for it if possible.

20240911_202651.jpg

20240911_202641.jpg