IGNORED

Day of remembrance, joy and pain. List them both on this day. What happened?

I remember driving in to work and hearing about a plane hitting the first tower.  I always get to work, way early, and rushed into the break room to see the newest info.  Caught the second plane hitting tower 2.  I worked in an Operating Room and everybody was just shocked.  We practice for mass casualty situations and felt for the first responders and hospitals.

• Like 3

Actually, I was working in my basement when my then wife called down and said a plane flew into one of the towers.  Her tone was more of "by accident".  As I was rushing up the stairs I said planes don't accidentally hit towers like that and then saw the second tower get hit.  Very sad day.

• Like 3

I saw some footage on a TV in the cashier's section of a gas station when paying but didn't realise what it was about. When I arrived at my destination the TV was already on and saw most of the shocking live coverage. 

The 2600 and this are the same day and are related in that this is what happened while I was with the kids and getting ready to celebrate when this came across the television. The two events being forever linked. Joy and Pain is apt and you are free to post anything that happened Atari, good or bad that happened that day.