IGNORED

HSC21 Round 14: Donkey Kong

therealbountybob

Donkey Kong

We'll knock me down that furry mutant won the poll again :D

Settings

Top players (anyone who has ever reached level 5) must collect all the bonus items dropped by Pauline on every screen (hammers optional!). No practising by starting on the other skill levels.

Start on the default barrel skill level.

DK is a challenging game; if you're new to it or likely to only complete the first level (2 screens) try maximising your scoring on the early levels, but generally rushing through the screens is a good tactic.

Bonus Challenge - Highest score on level 1 (both boards in 1 life) TO BE PLAYED AS PART OF NORMAL GOES NOT JUST RESTARTING ETC.

Download XEX

Atarimania info

image.png.d345dc665e4ec97d99ae0472a9a3d134.pngimage.gif.7cfde89ba7a10cc04f85f7320de69b95.gifimage.png.4e583ba383cde37aeaae6e3e8af008b3.pngimage.gif.a2c2061e7e3de68b5dc25c373f42cac2.gif

Anyone got a pie factory image for here?

Round ends Sunday 29th September 10pm UK time.

GAME ON!

post if you need any help :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AtariSphinx said:

Pie image @therealbountybob

Thank you - perhaps someone on emulation can create a .png so it will match those on the first post?!

On 9/16/2024 at 7:50 AM, McKong said:

I think it makes the 'Pie Factory' a bit too difficult when collecting all bonuses - 93000

Yes much more of a challenge, need to jump over that fire :!:

43 minutes ago, Absalon said:

First time playing this version of the game. It plays great! Will do my daily training. So far, my best score is 53300

Best way to play - I need to get started :idea:

:)

I've played this a million times before, but somehow I just noticed this - there's an extra bonus item that doesn't appear in the arcade.

Arcade: hat, purse, umbrella

Atari 800: hat, purse, umbrella, cake

I wonder why the programmer did that? Just trying to use up some extra RAM space? And most importantly, whose birthday is it?

18 hours ago, graywest said:

I've played this a million times before, but somehow I just noticed this - there's an extra bonus item that doesn't appear in the arcade.

Arcade: hat, purse, umbrella

Atari 800: hat, purse, umbrella, cake

I wonder why the programmer did that? Just trying to use up some extra RAM space? And most importantly, whose birthday is it?

Perhaps he thought it would make the screen more playable for the HSC ;)

A couple of rusty goes, the joystick was also rusty climbing down the ladders but it seems less shy now!

Bonus Challenge - Highest score on level 1 (both boards in 1 life) TO BE PLAYED AS PART OF NORMAL GOES NOT JUST RESTARTING ETC.

12,000 then 13,300

Photo4558.jpg.afb72ef0a9558bb80c10445fffe5b704.jpg

Level 3 pie both goes 45,700 then 52,100 jumped the flaming barrel on my first go but then was so surprised I paniced and fell right off LOL

Photo4559.jpg.b4c2da0c405f5714572697f53e1944f2.jpg

Should be a good round, new poll starts after the first week if any of our returning players have any suggestions ;)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, McKong said:

I feel I should mention that the DK record hasn't been updated, someone, I forget who, broke it last time we played 🤔

Yes not done the end of season update yet! Not sure but looks like this guy has the "collect all items" score:

DONKEY KONG (ALL BONUSES) (Graphics:8 Sound:9 Playability:10 HSCR *10*) therealbountybob  : 171900  [9-13]  [19-1]

? :ponder: