IGNORED

Strange Red Label Variations !?

Cybertom

Hi,

i was wondering for a while if anybody else has come to this IMHO Rare HTF Red Label Variations of Basketball and Phoenix.

I've attached some pics.

I found these a while ago - BB is still shrinked and i don't really know if a red Label cart is in the Box. The Phoenix game was within a lot i bought in the past but there was a silver label Cart with B/W Manual in it !?

greetings

Tom

post-1574-1068215829_thumb.jpg

post-1574-1068215830_thumb.jpg

post-1574-1068215831_thumb.jpg

post-1574-1068215832_thumb.jpg

post-1574-1068215833_thumb.jpg

Arrgh! ANOTHER Red Label to stick on the list to get. Stop finding these carts I didn`t know I needed - please!!  

Spirantho, it may pain you more to know that this came from a lot of over 20 boxed games I got for about £50 from your neck of the woods, Wales !! Mostly quite scarce ones !!

Oh, and one of the others included the proper Activision pal river raid 2, that don't come up too much boxed, does it ?

:D

Si

post-4137-1068222563_thumb.jpg

<mutter, grumble>

"My neck of the woods" actually comprises the town I`m in. Would you believe to get to Cardiff from Aberystwyth, I have to go via Shrewsbury?

(For the benefit of our American readers, I should explain: Aberystwyth, where I am, is in West Wales. Cardiff, the capital of Wales, is in South Wales. Shrewsbury is in England!)

Still annoying, though. Especially as that's the cardboard boxed version of RR II which is scarcer than the HES version like I have!

Hi,

i've looked at the Red Label List here on AA and saw a bunch of games that wheren't listed but i think that's up to us collectors to complete the lists i also found a handful of Quelle Titles that aren't on the list and i think nobody has even a complete Quelle Collection (nobody i know ;) and when i say complete i think there are over 65 Titles as i remember.

Back to the Red Labels - i also know that a Red Label Missile Command exist it's also very uncommon.

Also the Red Galaxian and Red Kangaroo isn't included in the List.

Oh btw. i've seen that Basketball was already listed :dunce:

greetings

Tom

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I noticed different languages on the box and know there is an international version of activision games like pitfall. These don't say international edition?

Do you mean pal ?

I'm lost :?

All I know is I have seen pitfall boxes and carts with "international  

edition" on them. IIRC they were from canada. But they had like 2 or 3  

different languages in it. Do they speak that many diff. langs. up there?

There are quite a few International Edition carts that were available in Canada. Here's a list of "International Edition" Activision labels available in Canada that I know of:

Barnstorming International Edition

Boxing International Edition

Chopper Command International Edition

Fishing Derby International Edition

Gran Rrix International Edition

Ice Hockey International Edition

Kaboom International Edition

Laser Blast International Edition

Pitfall! International Edition

Seaquest International Edition

Sky Jinks International Edition

Spider Fighter International Edition

Starmaster International Edition

Tennis International Edition

There are also a number of other third party carts that were available in Canada, like Puzzy titles, some coleco carts, etc. that had multiple languages on them.

• 5 months later...

Nope, but I do have instructions for my red Missile Command.

I also have Dodge'em but unboxed - took me a while to get that one! But even that wasn't as hard as a Red Label Dig Dug, of which I've only seen one.... and before anyone says anything, all those red Dig Dug boxes you see on eBay all the time? They have silver label Dig Dug carts in 'em. :)

Anyone has a red Basketball or a red Phoenix for trade please let me know! ;)

Oh yes oh yes oh yes... that helps...!

If I can just get this then Phoenix is the only difficult red label left for me to get, then I reckon I'll have probably the only _complete_ red label collection to any of us here! Of course Marco will probably now say he's got them all CIB but given we didn't even know stuff like Missile Command existed red label until recently, just maybe I can beat him to it. ;)

Oh yes oh yes oh yes... that helps...!

If I can just get this then Phoenix is the only difficult red label left for me to get, then I reckon I'll have probably the only _complete_ red label collection to any of us here! Of course Marco will probably now say he's got them all CIB but given we didn't even know stuff like Missile Command existed red label until recently, just maybe I can beat him to it. ;)

You have a good chance of getting this one since the seller will only post within the UK.

Actually the red label Asteroids is in the database. Here's the list of all Atari Red Labels in the database. That's actually the title that go me to dig this thread up thou, as theres a boxed compy on ebay right now, and I'd never seen one of those before. But it's in the database.

c_Asteroids_Red_front.jpg

But this thread makes mention to several Red labels that are NOT in the database as of yet.