IGNORED

CX2663

Room 34

Maybe. I asked Bob Polaro about this (which is when he looked at me like I'm a freak and took a step back). He said RR was in development in 1984 so that would explain why a red label release has such a low part number, but it doesn't explain why a 1984 game would be suck in that hole. It could be because that number was supposed to be an educational game with a WB license which was then turned into an action game.

What we really need is some old part listings. I'm curious as to what was assigned to that spot pre-1984.

Tempest

• 5 months later...

Nope. But I did get a 1984 prototype for RoadRunner (which is very cool). If Atari had any unreleased games from that time period they kept their existance secret. I've found nothing.

Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
If Atari had any unreleased games from that time period they kept their existance secret. I've found nothing.

Actually I take that back. There's two games from around that time period that were never released, but I don't think they were ever assigned numbers: Snark and Wizard. However neither of those fit the educational theme.

Tempest

If Atari had any unreleased games from that time period they kept their existance secret. I've found nothing.

Actually I take that back. There's two games from around that time period that were never released, but I don't think they were ever assigned numbers: Snark and Wizard. However neither of those fit the educational theme.

Tempest

I know of Wizard... what's Snark? Is it on your protos site?

Nope its not on my site because it has never been found and there is almost zero informaiton on it. All I know is that it was done by John Dunn (who did Superman) and featured some pretty cool color cycling. It was never released because Atari thought that the rapid color cycling could possibly cause seisures in players (or that was the official reason anyway). Who knows if the code even exists anymore?

Tempest