IGNORED

Frankenstein Monster Remake

alfredtdk

Revisiting a classic with a new approach. This classic title is my favorite for the month of Halloween. My idea for a remake is to split the first level into two separate screens like in the DK VCS homebrew. The binary I present here contains only half of the top level of the first level. Consequently, as our hero progresses in the story, new levels could be added with other challenges that do not exist in the classic version.

******************************* Frankenstein Monster Remake 1.0 (OLD VERSION) ********************************************************************************************

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake.bas.bin

F.M.R.  2.0 (SCREENSHOT)

FrankensteinII_Monsters_Remaster.bas_5.png

F.M.R.  1.0 (SCREENSHOT)

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake.bas_1.png

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake.bas_2.png

******************************* Frankenstein Monster Remake 2.0 (NEW VERSION) ********************************************************************************************

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake_2.0.bas.bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 5

Frankenstein Monster Remake 2.0

Improved graphics of the protagonist and the creature, Frankenstein's creature is no longer static and has some movements in the style of the DK gorilla.
I gathered everything in a single screen like in the original in this demo, although I can separate it into two distinct levels later.

FrankensteinII_Monsters_Remaster.bas_4.png

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake_2.0.bas_2.png

Frankenstein_Monsters_Remake_2.0.bas.bin

Edited by alfredtdk
  • Like 3

On 9/23/2024 at 12:31 AM, TrekMD said:

Looking good!

Glad you liked it. I want to give a new look to almost everything we know, but without taking them away, that sounds familiar in the movements and gameplay. The only thing I'm not inclined to change visually are the albino spiders that go down the ceiling, I think they're as striking and iconic as the albino scorpion from Pitfall.

Check out the new graphical changes in the current binary that I am making available for testing.

My next step is to give a logic to all this, the hero of the village will go down to the dungeons of Frankenstein's castle to get the bricks and take them to the upper platform to build a barrier around the creature in order to save his village, before the creature comes to life and becomes uncontrollable.

Edited by alfredtdk