IGNORED

Maximillian Dood and friends hash out the Top 10 DC games

Hydro Thunder

I'm a fairly big fan of Max, he has too many vids for me to keep up with.

But I have to say I LOVED watching this passionate, fervor-pitch discussion from what are clearly true fans.

Not saying I personally agree either.  I think they could / should have set out stricter guidelines (what does Quintessential Dreamcast style vs game quality vs available on other consoles really mean??).

My personal Top 10 would be far different in that 1. I'm insane, 2. I like weird stuff, 3. I don't personally care for most sports games, and 4. I don't care in 2024 if something was revolutionary in 99.  I care if it's fun now, as one of the guys makes the case repeatedly.

But all that said...again, I was shocked at how much I enjoyed watching this entire video.  Smart guys who know their stuff, good points made, and fun to relive the passion of the DC.

Personal top ten off the cuff, just personal favorites that I play most often today, no order:  Speed Devils, Plasma Sword, Soul Calibur, Space Channel 5, Power Stone, VF3, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Demolition Racer: No Exit, Typing of the Dead, Hydro Thunder :)
Honorary mention to Ooga Booga, DoA 2, Armada, Silent Scope, Capcom vs SNK, Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves, Phantasy Star Online, Ready 2 Rumble, Project Justice.

• Like 3

Video Summary: the final top games include:

• Phantasy Star Online
  • Soulcalibur
  • Crazy Taxi
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2
  • Dead or Alive 2
  • Shenmue
  • Virtua Tennis
  • NFL/NBA 2K
  • Skies of Arcadia
  • Power Stone 2

Overall, a decent top 10, likely to match which games other people would pick. I couls also argue for a few of these other titles.

• Jet Set Radio: Part THPS, part rhythm game. Closest thing to it these days is the Xbox sequel, but they changed the spray painting controls.
  • Samba De Amigo: Another take on the rhythm games. Maracas peripherals required.
  • Seaman: Weird virtual pet game, taking care of a wisecracking fish with a face.
  • House of the Dead 2: Arcade perfect light gun game.
  • Typing of the Dead: Humorous take on the light gun games. Keyboard required.
  • Bangai-o: An action shooter with a satisfying swarm missile animation.
  • Sonic Adventure: Best 3D sonic game.
  • ChuChu Rocket: 4 player action puzzle game.
  • Like 3

For me:

San Fransisco Rush 2049 was #1 for the Stunt Mode alone!  Plus maybe the fact that you could remap the controls,  so no more "claw hand" from using the trigger for the gas pedal,  I know it's analog, but Damn!...(Also a problem in almost all other racing games)...

That's all...

• Like 1