IGNORED

Atari 50th: Wider World of Atari DLC (Review)

Metal Jesus

20 hours ago, DEBRO said:

Hi there,

Those that have the DLC, let’s try a little exploration or Easter Egg find.

In the interviews I mention having my 800XL and printer in college. Can you find them in the video?

I did and I enjoyed your interview. I took my STe and printer to college and did the same thing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Giles N said:

Ok, your office/gaming room is literally boobytrapped with old, wierd hardware-boxes, and stoked on winning, I’ll throw in my last 2 suggestions:

IMG_1614.thumb.jpeg.af3d12520d6afc4468a69c1663f6241f.jpeg

This little game is sort of unnerving for me, as all personal memories concerning hardware paperprinters bitds. was a feeling  they (!) were sort of against me, like personally. Perhaps best explained as if I felt some Evil Otto presence around these…  things  whenever I tried to use them…

(none of them Atari printers, pheew 😅)

I had a 1027 printer. It has to be #2 in the box. #1 looks like some dvd player. 

3 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

I had the 1025 printer - not a popular choice for printing a paper late at night in a university dorm 😅

This makes me laugh because Dennis mentioned it in his interview to and I keep seeing other similar comments!  I had a 1027, I lived at home at the time and printing late night reports would infuriate my dad. He would come into my room with tired eyes and grumble why can’t you do that earlier? Those printers were loud tap tap tap, tap tap tap.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cafeman said:

This makes me laugh because Dennis mentioned it in his interview to and I keep seeing other similar comments!  I had a 1027, I lived at home at the time and printing late night reports would infuriate my dad. He would come into my room with tired eyes and grumble why can’t you do that earlier? Those printers were loud tap tap tap, tap tap tap.

And slow! I finally ended up with a Star nx1000. It was a much better printer.

On 9/27/2024 at 7:03 PM, DrVenkman said:

EDIT: Hell, I'll pledge $50 right this second for BATTLE ZONE alone if Atari could get the rights back. The worst modern mistake this company ever made was auctioning off such an iconic IP without retaining the rights to market the arcade and 2600 ports.

I would do the same. Heck, if Atari and Rebellion came up with an agreement and Atari did some kind of crowdfunding to fund the purchase, I would donate to that.

18 hours ago, Cafeman said:

The 1025 sounded like you trying to grind the thing in a garbage disposal - letter quality though!