IGNORED

** HSC UPDATE - THE 4TH ERA BEGINS! - NEW SEASON STARTS NOVEMBER 13, 2024 **

ZilchSr

** HSC UPDATE - FOURTH ERA, INAUGURAL SEASON 1 STARTS

NOVEMBER 13 **

THANK YOU, VOCELLI!
Huge thank you again to Vocelli for running the HSC for 12 years (2012-2024), captaining the ship during the "NEW HSC" era (Era 3) before retiring from HSC moderator duties.

SCHEDULE
We will be embarking into a new era, with the Fourth Era, Inaugural Season 1 of the AtariAge HSC starting Wednesday, November 13, 2024 and the regular season will run for 20 weeks, concluding in April 2025.
The Medal Rounds (playoffs) will start near the end of April 2025 and usually lasts for 6 to 8 weeks.

WHAT'S NEW

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Some philosopher somewhere at some time.

A wise philosophy, so although there will be some minor modifications, there will not be many changes to how the HSC has been ran by Vocelli for the past few years. 

However, there will be some REALLY COOL ADDITIONS that will be revealed either before the season starts, or at the notification of the start of the season.

I'm currently consulting with a few AA members for feedback, and will finalize the details soon.

(Hint: history, bonuses, challenges 🤐)

SUBMIT YOUR GAME SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS!
Post a comment below with your suggestions for games that you would like to see played this season.

• Arcade Games
  • Rarely Played Games
  • Paddle Games
  • Your Favorite Games
  • A Company that you would like to see in the Spotlight

HOMEBREW CREATORS - WE WANT TO PROMINENTLY FEATURE YOUR GAMES!
I would HIGHLY ENCOURGE homebrew creators to volunteer their game to be featured during our Homebrew weeks, even if it's just a playable demo that is limited.

Contact me via PM to discuss if you are as interested in having your game featured as we are.

QUALIFIED GAMES
Continuing Vocelli's tradition, all games selected will be games that have NOT been played in the 3 years since November 2021 with ONE EXPECTION: Homebrews.

I want to really jack up our ability to heavily promote these fantastic Homebrew Authors and their Games (Lookin' at you, @SpiceWare and @KaeruYojimbo).

Should a homebrew author give us permission to play their game in our HSC, their game will very likely be featured in the competition, even if it had already been played within the past 3 years.

WHO CAN PLAY?
EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO PLAY. You do NOT have to register/sign up for anything. Simply wait for the thread, and post your score!

Although we encourage participation each week, and you'll miss out on some fun of you don't, you are NOT required to play every week -- just play  during the weeks you want/can, even if it's at least 1 week.

Don't have an Atari 2600, Atari 2600+, Atari Flashback, or Atari 7800 console, and don't want to get one?

NO PROBLEM!

There are SEVERAL emulators you can use to play the games and participate in the HSC, including browser-based Atari 2600 emulators:

Downloadable Emulators

Browser-based Emulators - Play directly from your internet browser

Other resources

https://atariage.com/2600/emulation/index.php?SystemID=2600

DIRECT UPDATES
All updates will be posted in the regular HSC feed, however, for your convenience, we can add you to our notifications list, and we will send you updates directly to AtariAge PM mailbox. To get added, simply send me a PM requesting to be added. Avoid posting requests to be added to the list in the comments section below, as I might not see them right away.

Keep an eye out in the forum! There may be a surprise dropping between now and the start of the new season!

See you in November!

Garrett "ZilchSr"

Edited by ZilchSr
Formatting
  • Like 12

Thanks ZilchSr for the very kind words! I am excited to be a casual player.

Suggestions:

Arcade Games - Galaxian, Asteroids, Missile Command

Rarely Played - Crypts of Chaos, Sub Scan, Riddle of the Sphinx, Fathom

Paddle - Circus, Eggomania

Favorites - Sky Jinks, Skiing, StarMaster, Bank Heist

Company - Imagic

See Ya Nov 13th!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Arcade Games:

Venture

Track and Field