IGNORED

Another very strange Label Variation !

Cybertom

Hey Guys,

first of all i have absolutely no intention to fake some Pics with Photoshop.

I'm trying to get a Hardcore Box Collector and for that i'll pick up everything i can get for fair prices (for the first ;)

And as i told i only got the box without cart or anything but the seller told me there was a normal picture label cart inside but he already sold it seperately in the past and the Box was left over.

So i'm really interested in seeing a blue cart if it also exist.

Then it would become my 5th Space Invaders Label Variation :lust:

greetings

Tom

What about the Sears versions?

I was pleased to have all 6 known major variations when I got my sealed boxed red label version... but curiosity got the best of me and I opened it, to discover a SILVER LABEL cart inside!

But that's a rant you've all already been treated to so I'll spare you now...

I'm sure its genuine, that red phoenix we both have definately exists, and if you look carefully it is not like some of the other red label boxes / carts about. Its a darker colour red for a start.

I think its down to where it was printed, that phoenix was done in Hong Kong, most my reds seem to be from China.

I bet theres loads of weird box and label variations people havent even worked out exist yet. Mostly because of regional issues.

Look at these 3 Midnight magics, all pal as far as I can tell, but 3 different shades of red, and 3 different label designs (Slightly).

From left to right printed in Hong Kong, Taiwan, China.

Si

post-4137-1068315579_thumb.jpg

i had noticed that space invaders box several times in european auctions. i see there is a P next to the serial number to indicate it is pal format.

i have found a similar one in the US which is NTSC and 1987 copyright. it contained a "gray" label 1987 version. my guess would be that your box either contained a 1988 gray label or a 1980 red label. but i guess we won't know until someone finds one with the game inside.

post-1335-1068324193_thumb.jpg

Look at these 3 Midnight magics, all pal as far as I can tell, but 3 different shades of red, and 3 different label designs (Slightly).

That first one doesn't look like it was intended to be that way. Looks like the cutter was off somehow. The front label should be a part of the main label and the bottom of the main label should be the front.

That first one doesn't look like it was intended to be that way. Looks like the cutter was off somehow. The front label should be a part of the main label and the bottom of the main label should be the front.

I never noticed that, well spotted mate.

I reckon thats pretty cool then, all I have to do now is find another Hong Kong labelled one the same to see if theyre all like that...........

I do like label variations...........So many to get in pal, as it covered such a large number of countries.......

Si

I was pleased to have all 6 known major variations when I got my sealed boxed red label version... but curiosity got the best of me and I opened it, to discover a SILVER LABEL cart inside!

The same thing happened to me at PhillyClassic 4! Man, was I ever annoyed! :mad:

I'd be pretty happy if I turned up a Silver Label Space Invaders. It's the only label variation for the game I know of that I don't have in decent shape.

I reckon thats pretty cool then, all I have to do now is find another Hong Kong labelled one the same to see if theyre all like that...........

I can't say that they're all like that but one of my Midnight Magics has the same miscut looking label.

I'd be pretty happy if I turned up a Silver Label Space Invaders. It's the only label variation for the game I know of that I don't have in decent shape.

Well I've got two of 'em! You want one? ;)

Well I've got two of 'em! You want one? ;)

if you have one with a good label, sure. :D

Yes, with these terms I have one "gray" and one "silver." I would be willing to part with the "gray" one (the one that came in my red box) if anyone wants it... but all of that stuff is packed up in a big box right now at the bottom of a pile of big boxes in preparation for our upcoming move, so I wouldn't be able to make a trade/sale until January.