IGNORED

Atlantis II in the AA guide?

Canuck

I was looking through the AA and found out to my suprise that I had Atlantis II and all along I didn't know the label differences form the night and day. The Night Label is marked a 10 and then there is another one that is labeled 4 in the AA. What is the differneces for Atlantis night label and Atlantis II night label that make it a 10 in the AA?

I was looking through the AA and found out to my suprise that I had Atlantis II and all along I didn't know the label differences form the night and day. The Night Label is marked a 10 and then there is another one that is labeled 4 in the AA. What is the differneces for Atlantis  night label and Atlantis II night label that make it a 10 in the AA?

Atlantis II was given out as part of a contest and is a beefed up hack of Atlantis. The only way to tell the difference between the common Night Scene, and a real Atlantis II cart is to turn it on and try to play it. Gameplay is much more difficult than Atlantis, the point are much lower, and there is a minor difference in the scoring text.

Here are some screenshots of Atlantis:

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...twareLabelID=11

and some from Atlantis II:

http://www.atariage.com/screenshot_page.ht...areLabelID=1037

note the difference in fonts between Atlantis and Atlantis II in the scoring section.

Is it just me or is the name Atlantis II a bit misleading? Having the "II" and the end makes it seem like it's actually a sequal when it really is just the same game just a bit harder. I just think it'd be better titled as Atlantis (Contest Version) or something similar. It just seems that Atlantis II wouldn't be the best thing to call it.

Now if that's how Imagic actually refered to it then I guess I'd just void this entire post.

is

Is it just me or is the name Atlantis II a bit misleading?  Having the "II" and the end makes it seem like it's actually a sequal when it really is just the same game just a bit harder.  I just think it'd be better titled as Atlantis (Contest Version) or something similar.  It just seems that Atlantis II wouldn't be the best thing to call it.

Now if that's how Imagic actually refered to it then I guess I'd just void this entire post.

is

Imagic did refer to this as Atlantis II. They used an Atlantis box and added a simple typed label on the front that read Atlantis II. I agree that this game should have been called Atlantis Contest Version or something along those lines since it is basically the same game with only a few minor changes.