IGNORED

Help with my sharp twin Famicom disk

Hi 

I just bought a twin Famicom

When I turn it on I get the prompt to load a disk

After I put a disk in it starts to read it and display the Nintendo copyright info then just goes black 

This happens with all my disks

The same disks work on my Famicom with external disk drive

What should I be looking for? 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well going black isn't a good sign, so like no disk read errors from like 1-20something or so?  That's almost like it just doesn't see the drive at all.  Or is it not even showing the actual Disk System visuals either?

The system starts up with the 'set disk' screen. After I put the disk in it reads it and display the Copyright screen then the screen goes black

If I put a B side of a disk in it shows the disk error

If I put the A side in I get the copyright notice then the blank black screen

The disks load fine on my red external drive when connected to the twin Famicom using a Ram Pack in the cart slot

I never said your disks was the problem, i just can't see what you're seeing and it's still a little fuzzy.  But my guesses would lead me to believe you could have an issue from a few choices.  It's odd but it could be the belt, but that's the least likely.  The next choice would be the calibration of the head itself or the mechanism that drives it, and famicomworld has some images/directions how to handle that.  The worst case scenario the head is dying, basically borderline fubar at this rate and would need a total replacement drive to be slotted in with the rest of the existing.  That's where MY issue was in July, got a dead unit that was likely a calibration issue, and the seller I wouldn't fault for thinking it.  But going through hours of attempts, sets, resets, moving this and that, a new belt, it was determined to be the drive head system itself and I just replaced the drive and it runs like new now.  Thankfully I had a way to source a drive very cheap even if it took a month to get it as it worked out in the end.

I don't know what you mean about buying a FDS for the twin famicom, the fds is built into the twin famicom.

If the fds emulator (fds key? stick?) work with the RAM pack it would be kind of strange the ram would be bad, because as far as the RAM would be concerned the emulator stick is a FDS itself.

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't know what you mean about buying a FDS for the twin famicom, the fds is built into the twin famicom.

If the fds emulator (fds key? stick?) work with the RAM pack it would be kind of strange the ram would be bad, because as far as the RAM would be concerned the emulator stick is a FDS itself.

sorry.  I meant the stick 

I connected the stick to the twin Famicom and when I turn it on the screen shows the disk animation. After I load the disk from the stick I get the Nintendo disk copyright screen then it goes black and the stick shows that it never fully loads

When I use the stick with the ram pack in the cart slot the stick works perfectly 

Well the stick is a 1:1 replacement for the FDS disk drive.

If you attach fds stick to twin fc and it black screens, but if you attach the stick to another ram pack in the slot and it works, then yes you likely have a memory problem because it's not seeing what it needs to load the disk.  The fact you bypassed the twin fc's internal memory for FDS games by using the cart in the slot, and that cart in the slot worked, then you've isolated the problem quite a bit.  Ram could be bad, something on the board failed (busted trace, cold solder joint, capacitor?, something else) crapped out.