IGNORED

RAM in tandy 1000TL

haightc

I was wondering about timing RAM chips and if there is benefit in trying to upgrade the faster RAM chips?     As I received my TL the top row had MT4067-10, I tried order some TMS4464-10NL but those ended up being fakes.     I had already ordered some from a seller from amazon hopefully those doesn't end up being fakes as well, but I have recently was pointed to a listing in my previous post for some authentic chips but I am not sure what I would do with 25 of them.     The remainder at KM1256AP15.     Is there a benefit with replacing them lower DRAM with 120 or 100ns varieties?    The 120 look much more prevelant as they where used in apple IIGS ram expansion card.    100ns seems more expensive and harder to find.     As I understand the 100TL being a 286 XT internally has a 16bit but still suffers from round trip compouding latency like most 8bit XT class machines.   Is there some other bottleneck or control that keeps these difference from affecting system stability?

On 10/8/2024 at 2:12 PM, haightc said:

I was wondering about timing RAM chips and if there is benefit in trying to upgrade the faster RAM chips?     As I received my TL the top row had MT4067-10, I tried order some TMS4464-10NL but those ended up being fakes.     I had already ordered some from a seller from amazon hopefully those doesn't end up being fakes as well, but I have recently was pointed to a listing in my previous post for some authentic chips but I am not sure what I would do with 25 of them.     The remainder at KM1256AP15.     Is there a benefit with replacing them lower DRAM with 120 or 100ns varieties?    The 120 look much more prevelant as they where used in apple IIGS ram expansion card.    100ns seems more expensive and harder to find.     As I understand the 100TL being a 286 XT internally has a 16bit but still suffers from round trip compouding latency like most 8bit XT class machines.   Is there some other bottleneck or control that keeps these difference from affecting system stability?

I'm the person who bought the 25. I've already used four of those in my TL/2 and two in my C64. I have a bunch left, so if you need some I can sell you four for that TL. Just PM me.

Since my machine hard locked and ended not being able to boot anymore, I replaced all my KM41256AP15 with KM41256AP12.    Norton sys info benchmark when to 3.2 vs 2.6 (1 being IBM XT and 4 being IBM/AT (8mhz) and 612 to 640k/s disk transfer.    So the TL by the numbers here is still slower that an standard AT machine even with a math coprocessor.    KM41256AP10 were 7$/chip so I wasn't willing to drop that much more on something that would make a difference.   I the chips that I order from Amazon end up being fakes as well for the replacements MT4067 @eightbit for sure I PM you for 8