IGNORED

Libeskind Studio Design confirms on their Instagram- Atari Hotels building in Phoenix

PowerDubs

Libeskind Studio Design u/DanielLibeskind crafted the vision for Atari Hotels Phoenix venue

Atari Hotels has secure an initial $11 million of funding and commenced its Regulation A funding round, allowing fans and gamers to become owners in the first-of-its-kind property in the heart of Downtown Phoenix’s Arts District, Roosevelt Row.The 12-story, 200,000+ square-foot Atari Hotels Phoenix venue will break ground in early 2026, mere minutes from landmarks and tourist destinations, including the Phoenix Convention Center, sports venues, local bars and restaurants, and music venues. As an homage to the interactive entertainment company Atari’s 1972 date founding, the hotel will have 19 suites and 72 guest rooms and feature over 70,000 square feet of state-of-the-art amenities for gamers, esports fans, and content creators.

• Like 1

Yea... can't say I am a fan of ANY of the work that firm appears to have done.. but apparently that is the arts district so it makes sense to be funky.

https://www.visitphoenix.com/greater-phoenix/phoenix/downtown-phoenix/roosevelt-row/

Roosevelt Row

Roosevelt Row is downtown Phoenix’s walkable arts district, home to art galleries, restaurants, bars and boutique shops in a landscape dotted by colorful street art.

Of interest- there is an arcade bar in the area-  https://www.visitphoenix.com/stories/post/cobra-arcade-bar/

Personally- I'm waiting for the Gensler designed Vegas location if that ever happens.

On 10/14/2024 at 8:32 AM, PowerDubs said:

Of interest- there is an arcade bar in the area-  https://www.visitphoenix.com/stories/post/cobra-arcade-bar/

From the web site:

"Right now, there’s an added perk: The games are free—no quarters required. Bracamonte is awaiting legal approval to charge customers for playing. But, even when he gets it, he says, the kid in him will trump the businessman.

“When we do charge,” he says, “it probably will be five games for a buck.”

Good for him! That's the way it should be. I'd be happy with 25 cents a games... just like the old days.. There's a bar-arcade 5min walk from my house, they want double that.Hard pass. I'm guessing that price is ok for the younger folk who are hanging out with friends. 

They need a permit to charge a quarter to play arcade games in Phoenix?

That's crazy, I've seen restraunts that still charge 25 cents to play Ms. Pac-Man...

Anyway, if the Atari Hotel does get built there then it'll be real close to the cool stuff there.