IGNORED

ANYONE with a Atari ST (Slanted floppy /no button hole) using Gotek ?

20241012_093018.thumb.jpg.fcf6c6f798a8d7b569cf471cfd1fcd25.jpgHi Atarians...

Is anyone with a Atari ST (Slanted floppy /no button hole) using Gotek internal floppy emulator? 

I'm having an EXTREEMLY hard time finding a bracket holder that fits in my Atari 1040 ST Slanted drive.

Mine has the Rotary Dial

Looking for recommendations.

Thanks

Edited by Wilson Bradley
Added pic // more info
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wilson Bradley said:

Is anyone with a Atari ST (Slanted floppy /no button hole) using Gotek internal floppy emulator? 

I'm having an EXTREEMLY hard time finding a bracket holder that fits in my Atari 1040 ST Slanted drive.

Mine has the Rotary Dial

Thanks

My STFM does have that floppy drive opening and the Gotek fits. The Gotek was bought complete from an eBay vendor for Atari ST and I am pretty sure this is the mount that I have:-

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4934355

The Gotek is mounted upside down to allow direct connection to the floppy ribbon cable otherwise it would need a twist in the ribbon and be too short.

Unfortunately I have mislaid the Gotek somewhere while working on my STFM and just gone to re-assemble the ST and it's vanished!

When I find it I can confirm! However I haven't needed it since building a SidecarT!

I found my Gotek and although it fits, it's not that brilliant. I don't think that I put the case screws in when I tried it the first time.

The bracket isn't made that well but it does it's job. The Gotek bracket sits back behind the floppy drive opening.

I needed to space the Gotek higher using a single 4mm washer on each mount although I think I really need 2 in which case I will need longer bolts. The bolts are just long enough with one washer.

I also don't have a rotary selector so this mount is not exactly the same as the one I thought it was, but it is similar.

GOTEKSTFM1.thumb.JPG.29eb1998b9335a050a007c9208106b71.JPG

GOTEKSTFM2.thumb.JPG.405e9e9ec51994b1f3cacf0bd0a19513.JPG

GOTEKSTFM3.thumb.JPG.a5946763e3986a60998204fe534155a0.JPG

GOTEKSTFM4.thumb.JPG.37b599953526ec43d1825f5ad2a2be33.JPG

I hope that this may help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wilson Bradley said:

Mine has the Rotary Dial

Thanks

Same issue I am having - everything is for the other style drive.  I've had an ebay link saved for nearly 2 years now, and I've given up on it ever coming back in stock.  I was going to post the link for you, but I guess Ebay said "fu*k you - you don't need that saved any more".

Good luck in your search - if I find anything, I'll report back here.

• Like 1