IGNORED

starpath supercharger homebrew roms.

mickster

I was just curious if there are many homebrew roms available somewhere for this device. I am aware of stella has a new brain and the official software, I am just curious if there is anything cool that someone has written through the years for this device.

thanks for any help,

mickey

You might find a lot of SuperCharger WAV files at the PlusStore:

There should also be a few homebrews specially designed for the SuperCharger. Additionally the PlusStore is converting to WAV all newly uploaded ROMs below 6K, so they can be tested with the SuperCharger. But most of them are untested.

Most homebrews up to 4k should work with the Supercharger just fine. You just need to get them into an audio format. Google "bin to wav" or "bin to MP3" and that'll get you started. Before things like the Harmony Cart existed this is how we did it.

However, if your question was about homebrews created specifically for the Supercharger, to take advantage of its extra RAM, then I can't think of any.

27 minutes ago, xeex said:

I think Bob Colbert's Stell-A-Sketch was written specifically for the Supercharger, and needs the extra RAM. Is that on Stella Gets a New Brain? I can't remember.

No, it's not. Wish it was though.

PXL_20241016_140408804.jpg

Also, I think there was a C&D order, so you aren't likely to find it. 

Sad Cartoons GIF

Here's a couple:

It looks like there should be something to download in this blog post by @batari, but the attachment is missing.  I had that happen with a number of my blog posts after one of the forum upgrades, by editing the blog entry I was able to get the attachments to show up again. My earliest blog entries also show "posted by Guest" instead of my account.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, xeex said:

I think Bob Colbert's Stell-A-Sketch was written specifically for the Supercharger, and needs the extra RAM. Is that on Stella Gets a New Brain? I can't remember.

2 hours ago, bent_pin said:

Also, I think there was a C&D order, so you aren't likely to find it. 

Sad Cartoons GIF

Bob Colbert's Okie Dokie is in the PlusStore SuperCharger repository, but Stell-A-Sketch is not:

image.thumb.png.23fc5fdad892f47f5f1766b2cd5f9432.png

42 minutes ago, SpiceWare said:

It looks like there should be something to download in this blog post by @batari, but the attachment is missing.  I had that happen with a number of my blog posts after one of the forum upgrades, by editing the blog entry I was able to get the attachments to show up again. My earliest blog entries also show "posted by Guest" instead of my account.

@batari's "Twisty Passages" is at the PlusStore, but "Maze Craze 2" is missing there too:

image.thumb.png.e8d90881377ab43690171cc557c47742.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tkarner said:

Most homebrews up to 4k should work with the Supercharger just fine. You just need to get them into an audio format. Google "bin to wav" or "bin to MP3" and that'll get you started. Before things like the Harmony Cart existed this is how we did it.

As an alternative to the makewav program, I wrote a new tool to do the conversion. Seems to work okay: https://github.com/JetSetIlly/supercharge

Edited by JetSetIlly
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, SpiceWare said:

there is a thread with a bin file here:

• Like 2

Unfortunately I never finished Leprechaun.  I took a break and came back to "who wrote this crap code?"  I probably still have the source code on my cold backups, although I don't know about the level editor (JS + PHP).

21 minutes ago, EricBall said:

Unfortunately I never finished Leprechaun.  I took a break and came back to "who wrote this crap code?"  I probably still have the source code on my cold backups, although I don't know about the level editor (JS + PHP).

Your Leprechaun PoC was already quite impressive. Together with @ZylonBane's mockup of a Lode Runner screen, this inspired me to port Lode Runner to the Atari 2600.

• Like 1