IGNORED

How would you rate the Lynx library *POLL*

agradeneu

How would you rate the Lynx library *POLL*  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Please rate the Lynx library!

• Small but great - quality over quantity! :-)
    • Its ok but a bit meh - it sorely lacks killer apps or big franchises :-|
    • Its poor - incredibly weak games! :-(

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It is small but great but it does sorely lack some more killer apps and especially big franchises too. I used to think that the Lynx library was even better than maybe it actually was. Playing more games and systems for 35 years since has made that pretty clear.

I remember Lynx starting out strong with all the great Epyx games and known Atari games, but then releases stalled pretty quickly back in the day. I remember Gameboy and Game Gear picking up speed and releasing a ton of known games. As a kid it was getting more and more annoying that Nintendo, Sega and Commodore had all the nice cartoony games like disney games, mario, sonic etc + pretty much all other known franchises too. I remember waiting forever for Lemmings, Shadow of the Beast and Eye of the Beholder (those were huge games in europe). Checking the computer + video games magazine every month but they were always listed as "coming soon". When they finally released it was too little too late, so I ended up selling my C64 and getting an Amiga.

Now a days I love the Lynx and other retro machines equally for their homebrew / homebrew scene compared to their original games. But as said, I still think the Lynx has quite a lot of nice games. Its games have that euro/usa feel just like the C64 and the Amiga libraries, so in that sense I felt right at home on the Lynx from the start. In retrospect it's also nice that the library is that small. Many other systems almost don't have any gaps to fill with homebrew. 😁

Some of my fave Lynx games are:
Slime World, APB, Lemmings, California Games, Pac Land, Checkered Flag, Shadow of the Beast, Robotron 2084, Rygar, Chip's Challenge, Blue Lightning, Electrocop and Roadblasters.

Edited by Turbo Laser Lynx
  • Like 2