IGNORED

Some questions about Fonts

KanedaFr

Hi there,

So I made some tests with fonts (in C)

I clearly understood

- how to select one of the font in fonts/ folder -> jsfSetFontSize

- how to select one of the version of this font ->  jsfSetFontIndx (manual talks about using ot to change font color, but you'll understand it's obvsiouly not the case if you open the font bmp file)

- how to print text -> rapLocate, js_r_textbuffer (this one isn't on the Reference Manual so I had to look at the generated .c from fontpalettes.bas) and rapPrint

But i was unable to 

- use 16x16 font -> it seems JStudio/Raptor handle fonts like a 8-width one whatever you do

- add a fourth one -> adding a file on assets/fonts then also adding it on rapapp.s didn't make it happen, it even crashed my program which means the address it used was totally wrong

I could stay on 8 width but since I can't add a fourth one, it seems my only solution is to add a new line for my font on f_8x8.bmp and select it using jsfSetFontIndx(2) 

Is it the right way to do : a library of fonts on the right f_NxN.bmp file ?

Thanks!

Edited by KanedaFr

Yes, add your font to the existing file for the size you are using then use the Index function to pick it. (As you said at the end of your message).

The 16x16 fonts should work unless a bug appeared. I will try and look into this. 

5 hours ago, Sporadic said:

The 16x16 fonts should work unless a bug appeared. I will try and look into this. 

I don't know what I did back then but I re-tried after ready your answer : the 16x16 works like a charm 🫥

sorry about that
(It seems I can't edit my original post to, if not delete, at least strike my erroneous line)

Edited by KanedaFr
  • Like 2