IGNORED

Damaged Switches?

Riko

So i have this issue with my 2600 and I kind of just wrote it off as something I can't do much about.

The Switches have been kind of falling off in the last year or so, not sure as to how though i been left using a pencil flip them of late. I assume its only a matter of time until the others fail; is there any fix for this or a way to replace that part safely, the system overall is hard to get working as is (the power connector is loose) though having the switches normal again would be a step in the right direction.

t.jpg

Screenshot from 2024-10-20 14-46-02.png

Best Electronics sells them but it's $20.00 and limit to one switch of the ones you need two of (Power, TV Type, Left Difficulty and Right Difficulty are all the same kind of switch)....

Personally, I'd take to e-bay and find a cheap, non-working 2600 Six Switch and either transplant the switches or the entire switch board over.

22 hours ago, Mad-Mike said:

Best Electronics sells them but it's $20.00 and limit to one switch of the ones you need two of (Power, TV Type, Left Difficulty and Right Difficulty are all the same kind of switch)....

Personally, I'd take to e-bay and find a cheap, non-working 2600 Six Switch and either transplant the switches or the entire switch board over.

Dowels, metal pins and some brute force saved the day.

20241022_214532.webp

Edited by Riko
  • Like 1