IGNORED

Could a DDR be made for 2600?

krambigmac

I was gonna ask this even before I saw it on Fark in the photoshop. Didn't Video Jogger have a pad? I'm sure it'd be hard to find so joystick compatibility would be a must and the arrows may not match the beat of the music but you could do tracks from BMX Airmaster, Halloween... there must be other good songs from real games.

I think there's supposed to be a DDR style game coming.

Isn't it a CoOp job between that guy who made the Dancing Baby demo, and someone else?

Anyhow, Arrows go by, you push the joystick or touch pad that direction, and the baby dances.

Something that would be cool to do is have a car port on top so you can add a cart with more tunes. Would never happen, but would be cool.

Yeah, that was the guy. Bit of a flash in the pan, so I hear.

Yeah I hear he was a freak. Good riddence... ;) :D

Actually I had an idea for a similar idea, but using a glove with mercury sensors in the fingers. Unfortunately that would be a little too hard to work out...

Tempest

Marble Craze is good muxic, Combat Rock was cool I thought, Pitfall II (though it's copyrighted and you have no chance of getting rights to do it) And hear the theme on Test Cart? I'm sure there's plenty of people who would be willing to make music for the 2600 Dance cart, if the makers need help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm could you put the Super Mario Bros. Theme from the NES? That song is totally trippin', or what about a custom sound chip for a dance cart? I would really be willing to buy a dance cart if someone made one and if there was an adapter so you could use PS dance mats

I don't see how DDR could be made for *any* cart system. Not even the Nintendo64. The reason DDR became popular is because it played popular dance music straight off the CD, so gamers were "dancing" to the same stuff in the clubs. Cartridges simply don't have enough room to hold all that pre-recorded music. Sure you could recreate MIDI-style music straight from the console, but who wants to dance to that crap? Not me.

I don't see how DDR could be made for *any* cart system.  Not even the Nintendo64.  The reason DDR became popular is because it played popular dance music straight off the CD, so gamers were "dancing" to the same stuff in the clubs.  Cartridges simply don't have enough room to hold all that pre-recorded music.  Sure you could recreate MIDI-style music straight from the console, but who wants to dance to that crap?  Not me.

Well, the 2600 could control a CD player (like it did with the Kid Vid tapes).

I don't believe you.  No offense intended... I just don't see how the Disney DDR could fit onto an N64 cart.  Anyway, got a link/citation?

The place where I saw the artical on is down, but I have found a few other notes about it

http://www.realidadalternativa.com/n64/pre...-29-22-20.shtml

I'm sure you can translate, babblefish ect.

http://www.ddrfreak.com/versions/listver.php

at the bottom

http://ddrmaine.com/songlist.php?game=47

Convinced yet? =P