IGNORED

Super Mario Bros. "freeze"

Room 34

Damn! The game's almost 20 years old and it's STILL surprising people!All these cool tricks aren't even possible in any of the remakes because they rewrote the engine right. So you can only do them in the original. (Which I have three copies of.) This is pretty cool.

Damn! The game's almost 20 years old and it's STILL surprising people!All these cool tricks aren't even possible in any of the remakes because they rewrote the engine right. So you can only do them in the original. (Which I have three copies of.) This is pretty cool.

I know :D I've always heard of the minus world,and I pride myself on finding them wayyy back in 89 with my cousin watching.And I was fooling around and found this trick,too :roll:

I've noticed that every Warp that doesnot go to -1 goes to 5-1. Now, I already explained why it goes to -1, but I wonder why the others go to 5-1. Perhaps there's more to this than I had thought.

I've said it before... I would do ANYTHING for the source code to the original SMB!

You may know this secret,but when you stomp a turtle,if you wait til the last possible second to kick it (with its legs coming out)you'll get 8000 points for it.Same for the beetles,but its harder to do because you can't see their legs poppin out :)
I will have to try this.. :D

Ok heres another neat trick that's done on world 6-1...

1.Grab the 1-Up mushroom,and jump on top block as small Mario.

2.Keep bumping the Spiny's that Lakitu tosses down (make sure they don't overlap...more on why later....)

3&4.I'm not sure if it's random or what,but if you keep bumping Spiny's from below,they turn into red turtles :)

5.Bump a red turtle and it turns into a green turtle,yikes!!!!(if you can't get it to work,try scrolling over a bit until one of the box columns is off screen.

post-4102-1068664893_thumb.png

post-4102-1068664894_thumb.png

post-4102-1068664895_thumb.png

post-4102-1068664896_thumb.png

Well, on the original topic, I tried the same exact thing Sun Avatar did, but could not get it to freeze. But I can now say I've been through the Minus wall three times. And 2 months ago, I had never even gotten there!

Anyway. Some other factors must have been in play to make it freeze. Oh well. And I was hoping to do it.

As for all those other tricks Breakpack keeps showing off, I can't seem to reproduce any. I don't have quick enough reflexes for the 8000 pt Turtle trick. And I must be doing the Mushroom Platform Kneel wrong to do it. But it was fun playing in the Minus world again.