IGNORED

Stick Stand - Rare or not (with pic)

bjk7382

I just got my StickStand from TheNerb in the mail today. I want to know if these are very rare or not. I think I paid 20 for it. and it came with a first year joystick! It is a wierd first year joystick though. It doesn't have a hole in the top from the hexagon disk, and it doesn't have any ornage on it either. I know for a fact that it is a first year joystick (opened it up)

So how many of you have these stickstands. Anyone got the box? This one is in great shape, it has all of the rubber feet on it and the bottom is only cracked in one small spot.

post-3803-1068671036_thumb.jpg

I have 3 stick stands. One has a box, but it's packed away. I think it's a CBS product, won't swear to that.

I have two out cause they were cool, but don't play with them much cause the 2600 sticks are just about shot. I believe one I have out doesn't have the ball top, it dissappeared somewhere. It's probably under the book shelf, cause I know I didn't throw it away, though I got all kinds of people going through here and it might have dissappeared with one of them.

They are awesome. The big base is cool, and gives more leverage if your just playing on a desktop instead of holding the stick. And the ball is awesomely cool and comfortable to hold.

Believe I paid about $5 each for the things, several years ago. I thought I paid a lot, but I had never seen any befor, so thought it was a great deal.

yeah, it would be nice to have a rarity guide for accessories. i know the DP guide has a section, you might find some info there (or someone that has one in front of them could look it up). cpuwiz posted a picture of a boxed one of these recently in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35414

i picked one in a recent auction for $1 which included a variety of other "junk" also.

So I figure I paid 15 for the first year joystick and 5 bucks for the stand plus ball. That is good enough for me.

I have been on ebay for almost a year and a half and this is the first one I have seen. I seen it listed like 3 or 4 times before he dropped the price and I finally bid on it.

Your going to get ball blisters if your not careful!

only kidding

Cheers

I don't plan on using it, I use an NES controller converted to 2600 when I play. I just bought it to add to my collection. I am surprised I got the first year joy with it though. I thought he would include a cheapie.