IGNORED

Mattel Electronics Handheld Games (Triangle screws arrgh)

vespertillio

Ok, this may be off topic, but you know those screws that are in all of the old Mattel Electronics games? (IE football, basketball, hockey etc...) Well I recently got an electroic Dungeons and Dragons that Mattel made and the speaker is shot. I can hear that the game works, but just barely. I wanted to replace the speaker but it uses those #*&ki%#g triangle screws. Radio Shack was no help, or Ace Hardware. Does anyone know where I could find a screwdriver with that bit? It would have to be long and thin as there are some that are deeply embeded in the plastic housing. I really want to keep this in pristine condition as I got it with all the parts, box, intructions etc... If anybody knows who sells these things, pleae let me know. MODS, feel free to move this to whereever I should have posted it to. Thanks all. :D Cheers.

Fred

If you're careful, you may be able to make do with a very small flat screwdriver... if it's the right size, then each edge will fit into two of the triangle points, and you should get a decent grip. Be careful not to strip the screws though.

--Zero

Yep, thats the same security bit set I have. I did a little research, and it appears an actual screwdriver like this does not exist. I plan on grinding down an Allen wrench this evening with my Dremmel. Hope that works. I will let you all know. Cheers.

Huh ? The four bits on the bottom row on the right are triangle bits. :?

You mean the screw looks different than other triangle screws ?

The four bits on bottome are TryWing, not Triangle. But that last one looks nearly triangle, perhaps it might work?

My fisher price Record player has trywing screws on the bottome of it, it's 3 slots in a y shape. I want to take it apart because the speaker went out.

But my old Matell electronics foot ball and baseball games both have triangle screws, a triangle pressed into the head of the screw.

Hey, CPUWIZ, where'd you get those? I only have the 3.8 and 4.5 security bits for taking games apart, and got them off ebay.