IGNORED

Activision International Editions

Izumidai

I'm new to the forums but not the site. I was looking for a way to ask a question to those in the know. I have some Activision games that say International Edition under the title of the game. At the bottom of the game it has 5 different languages on it. The english on says:

one player using the left joystick controller.

Can anyone give me some information on this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Actvision, being the strange company that they are, distributed some titles to Canada and Europe as International Editions. Some have multi-lingual labels, some don't.

There's been some discussion about them in several topics in these forums, this one being one of the more posted in:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ational+edition

These labels are not very hard to come by, but are cool to have from a collector's standpoint.

This site has pictures of many of the International Edition labels:

www.atariguide.com

Welcome to the site. :D

I need to take back my offer from my earlier post. I got home from work and looked at my stuff. My memory is tuning to @$!%. I have an Internation Edition Pitfall, a frostbite in English/French (SECAM? It's not NTSC) and 3 PAL Atari carts: Dig Dug, Pole Position, Space Indvaders. If anybody wants them they are welcome. I'll trade them all for like 2 common NTSC carts.